Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 09:12 PM

316 posts, read 665,745 times

Advertisements

I am currently in an employment selection process and am required to have testing conducted to determine medical suitability for the position. I am seeking recommendations for (1) a Licensed Mental Health Professional (just for an evaluation), (2) a cardiologist, and (3) an optometrist/ophthalmologist that can test depth perception in seconds of arc (Randot Stereoacuity Test is recommended). I don't have a primary care physician or medical insurance, so any visits will be at my own expense (therefore cost is a factor).

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 08:38 AM

Thanks for your input. I was thinking my best bet might be UNMH to see a cardiologist. I know they also have a Mental Health department also, so it might be worth checking out also. I'll check into your recommendations and weigh the options.

It would be great if they offered referrals, but in this case they just requested additional medical info (I've already done a Medical Exam).

Last edited by Matt518; 12-25-2010 at 09:47 AM..

Old 12-25-2010, 10:19 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,736,898 times
I have been using a Cardiologist at UNMH for about seven years or so. What can I say? It's follow up exams, no problems, they finally got more parking, I have been happy with the service.

My wife and I have also been using Eye Associates of New Mexico, their Albuquerque locations for about seven years with good results, surgery and routine exams.

Rich

Old 12-25-2010, 02:30 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,360,034 times
My husband and I both see cardiologists at Presbyterian Heart Group. They are wonderful there.

Old 12-25-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
I have been using a Cardiologist at UNMH for about seven years or so. What can I say? It's follow up exams, no problems, they finally got more parking, I have been happy with the service.

My wife and I have also been using Eye Associates of New Mexico, their Albuquerque locations for about seven years with good results, surgery and routine exams.

Rich
A friend recommended I look into UNMH - he thinks it might be less expensive than anywhere else. Have you found that to be the case? I've been given a deadline (about three and a half weeks) to have all this done, but I'm planning on requesting an extension. How has the scheduling been in your experience?

Old 12-25-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
My husband and I both see cardiologists at Presbyterian Heart Group. They are wonderful there.
Is that the same as the Heart Hospital - you can see the building on the west side of the freeway from I25? I'll check into them as well. Thanks for your input.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt518 View Post
A friend recommended I look into UNMH - he thinks it might be less expensive than anywhere else. Have you found that to be the case? I've been given a deadline (about three and a half weeks) to have all this done, but I'm planning on requesting an extension. How has the scheduling been in your experience?
My insurance pays those bills, I don't know if it is expensive or cheaper. You would have to call them to see about scheduling.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
My insurance pays those bills, I don't know if it is expensive or cheaper. You would have to call them to see about scheduling.
I was just wondering how far in advance you usually make an appoinment, or specifically how long it taked before you can be seen. I'm planning on calling them Monday anyway.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt518 View Post
I was just wondering how far in advance you usually make an appoinment, or specifically how long it taked before you can be seen. I'm planning on calling them Monday anyway.
I usually make appointments 4 to 8 months in advance, while I am there seeing the Doctor, we make an appointment for the next visit. I have no idea how long it would take you to get an appointment, you call up and they look at the schedule.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:13 AM

210 posts, read 408,033 times
I dont know about the cardiologists, but the regular family practice docs at UNM all have full patient loads and they will not take any new patients at this time, my husband has been on their list for a couple of months,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque