Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What to you use Dish Network or DirecTV?
Dish Network 10 17.86%
DirecTV 24 42.86%
Neither 4 7.14%
Neither, just free over the air TV 5 8.93%
Neither, I use Cable TV, I will post what I use. 9 16.07%
None of the above. I am just visiting the New Mexico forums. 4 7.14%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 03:26 PM

713 posts, read 1,845,406 times

Advertisements

Direct TV is better is you're a big sports fan. If not, you'd probably be better off with Dish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 02:01 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times
Go with DirecTV. While DirecTV has fewer channels quantity-wise, much of Dish Network's channel lineup are a bunch of filler networks that nobody seems to care about. DirecTV actually has more of the popular channels.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:49 PM

4 posts, read 6,503 times
How about c-band? Have had since the 80's Anyone here have it or a dish they don't want?
I've had DirecTV since 1996
I had Dish Network too for a while back when DirecTV didn't have GSN, KTLA as a super which DirecTV still doesn't have.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:33 PM

186 posts, read 639,658 times
I have DirecTV. I could not live without it. Being a huge Lobo fan, it offers the Mtn. Also, it offers all of the Fox Sports (as well as other Sports Channels) so that I can catch basically all lobo games (as well as watch many others).

It also offers NFL ticket which others don't. A few weeks ago, CBS aired the Bronco - Chief game over the Dallas - Buffalo game (blah). I called DirecTv and 'since I was a loyal customer', they turned the Dallas-Buffalo game on for me for free. Made me pretty happy.

If I were with Dish or Comcast, none of the above scenarios were even had the possibility of happening since they don't have the channels.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:54 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,706,969 times
I had directv when I lived in ABQ and loved it. I actually wanted to get dish but the customer service rep said they couldn't install anything higher then two floors up and my apt was on the third floor, no idea if that's still true but I went with directv. I never had any issues and thought it was well priced for the package I got. It never went out during bad weather, which wasn't that often anyway.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:48 PM

265 posts, read 808,291 times
Well, after examining our options we decided to switch over to DirecTV from Dish. It probably makes sense to switch providers every 2 years anyway, since the best prices are only for new customers. I gave Dish the opportunity to match the DirecTV package price, and they couldn't, so bye-bye Dish!

I must say, I really like DirecTV better. We don't watch sports, but more of the channels we do watch were grouped into a cheaper package tier on Direct than Dish. And I liked that we only needed one DVR box to serve the whole house, the other boxes can be dumber/cheaper.

But my favorite thing is all the extra options DirecTV has, programming-wise: if you stumble onto the end of a movie & want to see the whole thing, it'll tell you when the next showings are without having to search; info about movies & shows includes Cast & Crew bios with pictures (settles trivia arguments quickly); if you have recording conflicts it automatically finds and selects a non-conflicting time for you; and if you want to see a movie that isn't available yet, it saves it on a list and automatically records it when it does become available. Magic!

By the way, mikei4444 are you seriously looking for a satellite dish? Because the previous owner left behind her Dish dish - if you want it, it's yours! (I really wish the installers would haul off the old ones for you, what in the world are you supposed to do with them??)

Old 12-08-2011, 01:55 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,059,468 times
DirecTV is rolling out their new menu guide. It is faster and more robust. They are rolling out from the East Coast to the West Coast. I have no idea how long it will take to get to us. Google search will reveal the new features.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque