Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 02:20 PM

5 posts, read 14,957 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if Hellmans or Best Foods was available in Albuequerque. I live on the East Coast and my parents on the West Coast. I was curious because I heard you could get both. If true do you buy them side by side on the shelves or does it depend on which store you go to? If possible please name the store and which one that can be found there. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 02:21 PM

since New Mexico is neither East or West of the Rockies....

Old 03-06-2011, 02:36 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,574,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomcuriosity View Post
I was wondering if Hellmans or Best Foods was available in Albuequerque.

If possible please name the store and which one that can be found there. Thank you
Yes we have Mayonnaise Albuquerque. My wife says we have Hellmans and Best Foods Mayonnaise at Walmart and Alberton's has it. Albertson's also has their own brand called "Albertson's Real Mayonnaise".

Come on out to Albuquerque and eat some Mayonnaise!

Rich

Old 03-06-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Yes we have Mayonnaise Albuquerque. My wife says we have Hellmans and Best Foods Mayonnaise at Walmart and Alberton's has it. Albertson's also has their own brand called "Albertson's Real Mayonnaise".

Come on out to Albuquerque and eat some Mayonnaise!

Rich
i have actually been there but because it was so pretty really wasn't paying attention to the mayonnaise LOL. I was bored and curious :P

Old 03-06-2011, 06:19 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,574,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomcuriosity View Post
since New Mexico is neither East or West of the Rockies....
Ah, then that explains why one can find both here!

Old 03-07-2011, 01:23 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,220,917 times
I can't understand the point of a single shop selling both brands since the contents are the same. I do consider it to be the best factory-made mayo, though, so enjoy.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:32 PM

7,305 posts, read 13,461,728 times
Come for the scenery, stay for the mayo.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:27 PM

741 posts, read 1,375,545 times
I grew up with Hellmann's and for some reason thought that it was bought out by Best Foods while still retaining the Hellmann's "blue ribbon" label. From time to time I have seen both in local stores; not always both, but always one or the other.

For a brief period of time I thought I read on the label that one had a slightly lower sodium content than the other although that memory is brief and vague. As long as I don't buy Kraft or Miracle Whip it does not make any difference to me.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:34 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,153,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
For a brief period of time I thought I read on the label that one had a slightly lower sodium content than the other although that memory is brief and vague.
In today's medical news - sodium content of mayonnaise is tied to memory loss.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:53 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,574,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
I grew up with Hellmann's and for some reason thought that it was bought out by Best Foods while still retaining the Hellmann's "blue ribbon" label. From time to time I have seen both in local stores; not always both, but always one or the other.
"Best Foods® is known as Hellmann's® east of the Rockies"
Welcome to Best Foods Mayonnaise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
View detailed profiles of: