Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 01:03 PM

261 posts, read 936,029 times

Advertisements

Trying to get through Bernalillo on 550 is a pain. I've heard from others like myself who travel through there regularly that stopping for fuel or a bite to eat is becoming such an ordeal that they just keep moving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 03:16 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,871,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjbasin View Post
Trying to get through Bernalillo on 550 is a pain. I've heard from others like myself who travel through there regularly that stopping for fuel or a bite to eat is becoming such an ordeal that they just keep moving.
AMEN to that one. It really is a PITA right now.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:47 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,288,766 times
If the piedra lisa development goes in on east side of 25 and south of 550 it will add a great deal more traffic to 550.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:51 PM

35 posts, read 92,891 times
Bernalillo does have some traffic and crime issues. But I think that if you are an older transplant, then you should do fine in Bernalillo. All the crime seems to be limited to bored youth who are involved in gangs. As for the city of Bernalillo itself, it seems to be a growing area with a distinctive New Mexico charm to it. It is also quite green with the river flowing right through it. Which any long time resident of the area will tell you is a great bonus.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:08 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,179,640 times
Real estate in Bernalillo seems to be a bargain relative to the surrounding communities.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:30 PM

946 posts, read 3,265,259 times
Default Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Real estate in Bernalillo seems to be a bargain relative to the surrounding communities.
ditto -- and with the light rail, it will only go up.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmexicomatt View Post
I am the owner of The Range Cafe...I really appreciate the recommendations here...I must address the crime comments of Bernalillo. This great little town has always had a reputation of being crime ridden. When I first opened the restaurant in 1992 comments from people were often about how crazy I was to open in such a place. Having been in business now for over 15 years I've found that I would much rather be in Bernalillo than in Albuquerque. Is there crime? Yes, is it much greater than anywhere else in New Mexico? NO! My own Mother lived in Bernalillo until she passed last year. She walked to the restaurant and grocery store at night and never had a problem. I have never felt unsafe in Bernalillo at night. There is not a single street that I wouldn't walk at any time of day in Bernalillo. The face of this town is changing with the influx of new people and businesses. Its history and charm are fantastic. I've been coming to Bernalillo since 1972 and it just keeps getting better and better!
Hi Matt!
I'm glad to see you have continued to succeed with your restaurants! I loved that one visit to The Range back in 1993 when my uncle took me. That is still a great memory because of the surprise of seeing you. What a small world it is sometimes. I bet you know my uncle has moved to Corrales. I have to get out there again sometime. I will definitely plan to visit one of your places!

Old 06-18-2008, 08:55 PM

2 posts, read 6,499 times
Default unreal!

This is one of the strange occourances that are hard to explain! Corinne was a girlfriend of a roommate of mine when I lived in Los Angeles in the mid 80's. One day in 1993 I was working at The Range and noticed this woman dining with some regulars. Turned out it was Corinne visiting her relatives in New Mexico. I had not seen or heard from her in over seven years. That alone makes for a small world....flash ahead 15 years later...tonight, I'm cleaning out a closet and ran across a box of old photos of my time in Los Angeles and saw a picture of Corinne and told the other person in the room the story of running in to her at The Range that day in 1993. Not fifteen minutes later I check this blog and discover that Corinne had posted here! Talk about strange!
Corinne...always nice to hear from an old friend...to everyone else reading...sorry to bore you...but this was just too weird!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,683 times
Default Life in Bernalillo

My wife and I moved to Bernalillo from Denver, talk about a change in lifestyle! Where in our old life we woke up to the roar of cars and trucks going up and down I-25, now it's the roosters in the neighborhood, the bray of a donkey, and the horn of the Railrunner. We love it.

The price of homes is very reasonable compared to Albuquerque or Placitas just up the road, and the commute into Albuquerque is around 15 minutes.

Like previous posts state the dining and entertainment is very good for a small town The Range is the acknowledged favorite and it is one of the best for not only American comfort food but some of the regional New Mexican fare as well. There are a couple of good New Mexican places as well plus the usual chain fast food spots.

As for crime, I take a walk every night and have never been hassled. The police force in this town takes their job very seriously. To be quite honest, it is impossible to drive through town without seeing at least 2 squad cars. I called the police once to report some suspicious noises coming from a construction site (turned out to be the wind) and a police officer was at my house in 2 minutes. I'm sure there is crime but it's the usual petty stuff.

Enjoy Bernalillo before it changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque