Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 06:03 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times

Advertisements

I suggest virgin Coconut Oil. It's amazing stuff, you can eat it, cook with it, condition your hair, or put it all over your body and it will be absorbed. I get a large jar of it from iherb.com. I also put a spoonful on my dogs food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 11:14 AM

277 posts, read 682,116 times
Johnson and Johnson's Baby GEL. Not the oil, but the GEL. I goop it on after shower and put on an old pair of pants I don't mind getting a little greasy... works great for me. That and a lot of chapstick, and I'm all set. Dry eyes is what is bothering me at the moment.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:46 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackiswhack View Post
Johnson and Johnson's Baby GEL. Not the oil, but the GEL. I goop it on after shower and put on an old pair of pants I don't mind getting a little greasy... works great for me. That and a lot of chapstick, and I'm all set. Dry eyes is what is bothering me at the moment.
TheraTears helps me.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:17 PM

110 posts, read 365,943 times
After about 20 years, we discovered that Nivea cream is the only way to battle the totally chapped skin until it is healed and then just about any lotion in between.

Old 06-04-2017, 04:38 PM

2,634 posts, read 3,691,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLynn View Post
Shea butter.....it's the only thing that works around here! check out New Mexico Soap dot com. Their's is the BEST and it works. Forget the commercial stuff. It's all got junk in it!
I agree! I use Shea Butter (be sure you get the real stuff) with Aloe Vera, coconut oil on my face and body, avocado oil on my body -- it absorbs faster than coconut oil, and sesame oil on my face and body. All depends what I'm in the mood for and how much time I have. ;-) All organic and all unrefined. And I keep them all, except coconut oil, in the refrig -- the cold feels great on the skin in the summer.

Old 06-04-2017, 05:20 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,158,892 times
UDDER BUTTER! It's purpose is to relieve the abrasive distress that milk cows suffer from. But on a recent episode on NPR's "People's Pharmacy" program they were discussing the merits of using it for relief of chapped and aging skin problems for PEOPLE. Elderly people in particular often suffer from skin problems that make the heels on their feet as tough as a cow's hoof. Udder Butter applied regularly helps soften the hardened skin.

Last edited by joqua; 06-04-2017 at 05:30 PM..

Old 06-06-2017, 10:13 PM

963 posts, read 2,301,437 times
I use a bit of olive oil. It's a natural product, holds in moisture, and is very good for the skin. If it worked for the ancient Isrealites in the Bible (it was rubbed on the body after bathing to keep the skin supple, protecting the skin from the intense sun) then it works for me. Moses gives it his celebrity endorsement...

Old 06-09-2017, 01:27 PM

201 posts, read 291,404 times
After a few years of my heals cracking anytime I'd walk around in sandals, I've finally given in to using lotion to battle it. I picked up the "CeraVe - Moisturizing Cream" from costco, and it's worked wonders. I like that it stays on longer than any other lotion I have tried and that it does not have any flowery or sweet scent to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque