Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2018, 05:49 AM

4 posts, read 4,895 times

Advertisements

Just visit ABQ and was thrilled by An Hy Quan. Great service, huge portions, modest prices, family run, and lots of novel tastes.

1405 Juan Tabo Blvd NE

Also, VIBRANCE has super-gourmet Vegan & gluten free meals, but it's only open Friday - Sunday and the prices are on the high side.

4500 Silver Ave SE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 09:28 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,507,645 times
I heard Burt's Tiki Lounge closed. Is that true?

Old 04-01-2018, 09:43 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,750,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Cabeza View Post
I heard Burt's Tiki Lounge closed. Is that true?
Appears to be closed according to this:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/burts-tiki-...-albuquerque-2
"Yelpers report this location has closed."

https://www.facebook.com/BurtsTikiABQ
Tiki Bar in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Permanently Closed

https://www.bizjournals.com/albuquer...he-market.html
Former Downtown dive bar space on the market
By Stephanie Guzman-Barrera – Reporter, Albuquerque Business First
Dec 2, 2016, 7:17am MST Updated Dec 2, 2016, 11:27am

and: http://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerque...ors/1071056690
Quote:
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - A downtown staple that stood out for its live music and beach decor has closed its doors.

Burt's Tiki Lounge on Fifth Street near Central is permanently closed.

It's Facebook page doesn't say why.

It had moved to that location in recent years.

The dive bar was previously on Gold Avenue, where it was a popular hangout for more than a decade.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 04-01-2018 at 09:52 AM..

Old 04-02-2018, 09:54 AM

1,043 posts, read 1,451,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Appears to be closed according to this:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/burts-tiki-...-albuquerque-2
"Yelpers report this location has closed."

https://www.facebook.com/BurtsTikiABQ
Tiki Bar in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Permanently Closed

https://www.bizjournals.com/albuquer...he-market.html
Former Downtown dive bar space on the market
By Stephanie Guzman-Barrera – Reporter, Albuquerque Business First
Dec 2, 2016, 7:17am MST Updated Dec 2, 2016, 11:27am

and: Beach-themed dive bar in downtown Albuquerque closes its doors
Moving into the big new space on Central was ultimately a huge mistake for them. I don't think they understood how the Albuquerque market had changed when they made the move. The casual beer-drinking hang-out crowd they once drew has gravitated to the breweries, which have also pulled in the bands willing to play for free - and their fans - that were once Burt's lifeblood. Absolutely the wrong time to remodel a huge new venue.

Old 04-02-2018, 10:55 AM

After reading the Yelp reviews I see why. Looks like Anodyne's a much better choice and the red pool tables look beautiful. Is that the best place in the area for pool?

Old 04-02-2018, 05:40 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,451,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Cabeza View Post
After reading the Yelp reviews I see why. Looks like Anodyne's a much better choice and the red pool tables look beautiful. Is that the best place in the area for pool?
Anodyne is great for pool...you see a lot of folks who bring their own cues.

Sister, the place downstairs from Anodyne, is also a great bar with a full kitchen, extensive beer list, and good live music. Between the two of them they probably contributed a lot to Burt's demise.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:47 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Hibs View Post
Moving into the big new space on Central was ultimately a huge mistake for them. I don't think they understood how the Albuquerque market had changed when they made the move. The casual beer-drinking hang-out crowd they once drew has gravitated to the breweries, which have also pulled in the bands willing to play for free - and their fans - that were once Burt's lifeblood. Absolutely the wrong time to remodel a huge new venue.
A big part of Burt's appeal was being an intimate dive off Central. And in the climate of explosive growth of brewpubs and tasting rooms, it was no time to challenge their patron's loyalty by changing up their whole experience.

If they had money to invest, they would have done better to bite the bullet, buy a second liquor license, and open a second establishment rather than trying to reinvent Burt's.

Oh, I and I'll second the Anodyne recommendation. I remember trying to get in there when I was underage. Now I feel like the oldest guy in the place (not always, but I am always in the top 5% :-) Nice dark as f- seating areas bohemian decor, utilitarian bar set up (with good cocktails and excellent beer selection), and good pool tables. Plus there is Sister Bar right downstairs so you can get a change in scene.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
A big part of Burt's appeal was being an intimate dive off Central. And in the climate of explosive growth of brewpubs and tasting rooms, it was no time to challenge their patron's loyalty by changing up their whole experience.

If they had money to invest, they would have done better to bite the bullet, buy a second liquor license, and open a second establishment rather than trying to reinvent Burt's.

Oh, I and I'll second the Anodyne recommendation. I remember trying to get in there when I was underage. Now I feel like the oldest guy in the place (not always, but I am always in the top 5% :-) Nice dark as f- seating areas bohemian decor, utilitarian bar set up (with good cocktails and excellent beer selection), and good pool tables. Plus there is Sister Bar right downstairs so you can get a change in scene.
Convict, ever been to the K and I diner on South Broadway? Reason I ask is there was a bar on the west side of Broadway "near" the K and I. This was the kind of place not only would I not go in but I'd roll the window up when I went by. I don't even think it had a name. Good info on Anodyne everyone. Thanks.

Old 04-04-2018, 04:28 PM

4,861 posts, read 4,798,137 times
Just ate at the Red Rock Deli and had some German and Polish food. I think it's the only place left in town that serves Eastern European food. It certainly filled my lust for sausage and kraut. We will definitely go back.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:34 AM

2,070 posts, read 2,382,386 times
I ate at 99 degrees Seafood Kitchen in Nob Hill yesterday and enjoyed it. The seafood is very simply cooked in boiled Cajun style. I had shrimp, french bread, and plaintain/fennel/butternut squash soup that won the vegetable soup category of the Souper Bowl. Now I want to go back and try the seafood gumbo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque