Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2008, 04:15 PM

127 posts, read 555,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Good hole in the wall for breakfast, traditional and burritos - Hurricane's on Lomas @ Washington.
OMG! Definitely yes! Get the Whole Burrito. I think it's a one pound burrito smothered with curly fries, chili, and cheese. Mmmmmm!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 08:11 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times
Thanks EP! I gave you a rep point for that Now I don't have to hunt down the discussion every time I want to try somewhere new. Yay!

Alright, I admit it....I'm lazy.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:51 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,916,085 times
Good, now that this thread is a sticky, people won't come on here asking where the best restaurant is! Thanks for whoever suggested it (Im thinking yukon, but too lazy to check), and thanks EnjoyEP for doing it!

Old 04-28-2008, 10:29 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,710,042 times
Quote:
Thanks EP! I gave you a rep point for that
Well it is a-bouuttttt time, yukon! I have given you, what, 48 rep points?? I was waiting for one in return!! (just kidding, just kidding)...

Actually, this was a good idea, and surely, I am not to proud to admit that I never would've thought of it first!

Old 04-28-2008, 10:44 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times
We need more posters on this forum. Every time I try to give someone a rep point, it tells me I have to spread it around more (or you'd have gotten more, EP!).

ziaAirmac, I haven't eaten at the Range Cafe in Bernalillo, so I can't compare the two. The friend with me at the Wyoming location has, however, and she felt it was as good as the Bernalillo location, if that helps any.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:19 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,288,185 times
Quote:
NEW restaurant to recommend (open a month maybe): Whole Hog Cafe at 9880 Montgomery NE. AWESOME Memphis style smokehouse with a great assortment of sauces you add yourself (but the meat is great unadorned!). They have ribs, beef brisket, smoked sausage, pulled pork, and I think (but not sure) chicken. If you like smokehouses, you'll love this place. Prices reasonable, fast service (counter, then you seat yourself) and the place is uberclean.

I did not know they put one of these in Albuquerque. We stop in when we get up to Santa Fe. Good to know the expanded to Abq. I like the hot bbq sauce they have behind the counter.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:24 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,288,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cendra View Post
My very favorite restaurant in ABQ is Capo's. I regularly go half an hour out of my way to eat there, and often pick up carryout from the location on Lomas as well.

Their lasagne could literally make me feel like I've gone to heaven sitting in one of their booths. The rest of my family gets various dishes, but for 15 years, I've eaten their lasagne every time. Now if that isn't dedication to a specialty, I don't know what is, lol. But they do have other equally delicious Italian dishes, and the prices are good with generous portions.

The only thing wrong with Capo's is that their chef doesn't live in my kitchen at home!

We like the Capos over on 550 next to Santa Ana. Huge place great food. I wonder if he will ever brew some beer there. The place is set up for it.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:46 PM

35 posts, read 105,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasCrucesOne View Post
I have to do local arrangements for a conference meeting in Albuquerque in November and I'm hoping to compile a list of good restaurants for conference attendees to drive to (the conference is downtown). I know what MY favorite ABQ restaurants are, but hope to hear what yours are.

Thanks!
The Ranchers Club in the Hilton is a nice choice, a bit pricy, but very good. It is 5 minutes from downtown

Old 04-29-2008, 03:46 PM

908 posts, read 2,852,798 times
Quote:
ziaAirmac, I haven't eaten at the Range Cafe in Bernalillo, so I can't compare the two. The friend with me at the Wyoming location has, however, and she felt it was as good as the Bernalillo location, if that helps any.
It does help, yukon. Thanks, I'll check it out and report back.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:22 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,916,085 times
Ok, I have to say I loved El Patio after trying it (all thanks to this forum)!!!!!

My Favorites for Mexican will still always be
Durans Cafe
Sadies
Now El Patio
and the Frontier

For a good steak:
The Gruet Steakhouse
Texas Land and Cattle
Marcellos Chop House ($$$$)
Bien Shur (Sandia) is pretty good ($$$$)

For Italian, I think Zios, Trombinos and Paisanos are all very good (and I think local).

For Chinese, you are asking the wrong person.

For Breakfast:
Milly's
Wecks
Golden Pride/ Frontier
Dos Hermanos
Sandia Chile Grill

and for fast food:
Blakes Lottaburger!!!!!

For Coffee:
Satellite or Flying Star (though I hate all the Suburu driving liberals jk jk jk)
High Noon in Old Town

Bars:
Coaches
The Copper Lounge
Spectators
Kelly's Brew Pub

:-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque