Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 04:59 PM

416 posts, read 1,399,036 times

Advertisements

It's now been 18 months (OK so I should have posted this a few weeks ago)...

We still love NM and can't see ourselves living anywhere else! The kids are happy! Hubby and I are happy! We're still VERY relaxed and can't believe we didn't move here years ago. But, we're here now and couldn't be happier!

We're so thankful we followed our instinct and got the heck out of NOVA.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 08:04 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggggies View Post
It's now been 18 months (OK so I should have posted this a few weeks ago)...

We still love NM and can't see ourselves living anywhere else! The kids are happy! Hubby and I are happy! We're still VERY relaxed and can't believe we didn't move here years ago.
Glad you are enjoying! Our original plans in Rio Rancho were five years. So, it's now 10 years. Things worked out better than expected. We talk of moving occasionally however it's just been talk.

Rich

Old 03-01-2009, 10:14 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,360,450 times
I cannot imagine living any place other than NM. Funny how last year at this time, NM was not in our plans whatsoever. Ever since I was a little girl, I have dreamed of living in the wild west....LOL. Dreams do come true.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
I cannot imagine living any place other than NM. Funny how last year at this time, NM was not in our plans whatsoever. Ever since I was a little girl, I have dreamed of living in the wild west....LOL. Dreams do come true.
How did you wind up in NM?

For us, we just knew we wanted to move away from Northern, VA. We could choose anywhere we wanted and it didn't take too long to realize NM was it!

Old 03-03-2009, 11:34 AM

Long story short.
I had my heart set on East Tennessee as I absolutely love the Smoky Mountains and cannot get enough of them.
Finally told my husband to let me put his resume on Monster, so we did it one Sunday afternoon. The next morning, he got a call from ABQ (even though we had specified we wanted TN/GA). A few days later, he decided he'd call ABQ to see what they had to say. He talked with them off and on for about 3 weeks and they asked him to fly out for an interview. The rest is history.
I will still always love TN, and we are are going there next spring for a vacation. NM is now home, TN is our vacation spot, and my final resting spot.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
Long story short.
I had my heart set on East Tennessee as I absolutely love the Smoky Mountains and cannot get enough of them.
Finally told my husband to let me put his resume on Monster, so we did it one Sunday afternoon. The next morning, he got a call from ABQ (even though we had specified we wanted TN/GA). A few days later, he decided he'd call ABQ to see what they had to say. He talked with them off and on for about 3 weeks and they asked him to fly out for an interview. The rest is history.
I will still always love TN, and we are are going there next spring for a vacation. NM is now home, TN is our vacation spot, and my final resting spot.
Funny how things work out! I'm glad you like it here!

Old 03-03-2009, 12:22 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,248,814 times
Not funny at ALL, but after all these blasted tests and stuff......
If I don't get outta East TN soon, it'll be MY final resting spot.

Ba da bump!

East TN is a beautiful area, but my problems tent to skew my view. Those previously beautiful lush meadows are there because of my *poison*.

Unfortunately, it looks like East TN is tops in the Asthma/Allergy charts again this year.

What's your favorite area, Alison?

Old 03-03-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinRoseRanch View Post
Not funny at ALL, but after all these blasted tests and stuff......
If I don't get outta East TN soon, it'll be MY final resting spot.

Ba da bump!

East TN is a beautiful area, but my problems tent to skew my view. Those previously beautiful lush meadows are there because of my *poison*.

Unfortunately, it looks like East TN is tops in the Asthma/Allergy charts again this year.

What's your favorite area, Alison?
Without a doubt, Cades Cove. Its in my final plans.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:29 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,248,814 times
It's beautiful, but I don't think i've ever seen it NOT choked with tourists. Not much beauty in looking at the vista through a smog cloud. The little camp store there has an AWESOME chocolate soft serve. :0)

Old 08-04-2009, 06:22 PM

Well, it's now 2 years and I'm totally hooked on NM. I have no doubt this is where I was meant to be. I still LOVE living here and enjoy NM's natural beauty. The people are still better and I'm so at ease with myself and life. I still have no regrets making the leap of faith we did. Life is good...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque