Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2011, 12:44 PM

6 posts, read 10,132 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving to Albuquerque and will really miss our church here in the Phoenix area. We have not yet found a place to live yet. We are looking for a church that serves the local and world communities. Does anyone know of a church that sponsors missions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 05:15 PM

8 posts, read 24,433 times
Foothills Fellowship (Tramway and Candelaria) directly sponsors a missionary family in the capital city of an African Muslim country. They also sponsor about 2/3 the cost of a family in Japan (who gain access to other countries where US missionaries are not allowed). Both of these families were local members in Albuquerque before leaving for the mission field. Foothills also supports about 1/4 of a missionary to S.E. Asia (Pakistan, Cambodia, and other nearby countries).

Foothills is affiliated with the CBA ("Northern" Baptists) so these missionaries can be properly certified.

I was raised in a church where money was put into a general (U.S.) fund and distributed to missionaries, as needed. It was refreshing to attend a church in which you could actually meet the people you were supporting; face-to-face (when they came 'home' every other year).

I had to leave Foothills because I moved to Grants, NM.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:13 PM

548 posts, read 1,217,389 times
I think a lot of churches (if not most) sponsor missionaries. What other characteristics are you looking for in a church (denomination? size? contemporary/traditional? general location?)

Old 08-08-2011, 03:13 PM

41 posts, read 69,263 times
I agree with Albuquerque 101. Most christian churches have some kind of missions-oriented ministry. It would be helpful if you gave more details as to what other aspects of a church are important to you.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:05 PM

6 posts, read 10,132 times
We are looking for a midsize congregation that focuses on bible study and missionary service. My husband currently teaches the bible to adults and would like to continue. I disagree that most churches focus on missions - that hasn't been our experience. I enjoy contemporary music. We found a house in the NE area over the weekend.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:12 AM

41 posts, read 69,263 times
There are many churches of different sizes and flavors in ABQ. As a newcomer, I visited a few. I was looking for a church that was Bible-centered, focused on the spiritual growth of it's members, but also very serious about reaching out to the local community as well as the rest of the world. Like you, I too enjoy contemporary music.
I can't say I conducted a thorough search,for example, I didn't visit Foothills Fellowship that was mentioned previously, but I eventually narrowed it down to two churches: The Believer's Center and Copper Pointe Church. They are both in the SE area. I encourage you to consider them. Check out their websites to learn more about them.
I personally decided to join Copper Pointe. I love the energy, excitement and commitment of it's leadership.
I hope that helps.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:23 PM

295 posts, read 591,888 times
Legacy Church. Nuff' said.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:22 PM

548 posts, read 1,217,389 times
I would check out Hope (and/or its sister church Faith, which is in Rio Rancho, so it is farther away), Hoffmantown, New Covenant, and Desert Springs.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:32 PM

17 posts, read 46,864 times
I would also recommend Legacy Church. They are Bible based and just opened up an Eastside Campus on Montgomery and Wyoming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque