U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-07-2011, 11:49 PM

2 posts, read 5,098 times

Advertisements

Too many box hair dyes have turned my mane into a mess. Right now I'm having a hair-mergency and I need to see a professional.

Where can I get a decent haircut/color in Albuquerque for under $100 (including tip)?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 12:03 AM

146 posts, read 162,750 times
I don't really know of any (except to say stay away from the Supercuts on Montgomery and Tramway-how one mangles a simple boys crew cut is beyond me, but they managed) however you might want to try the cosmetology school. I have a friend who gets all her beauty care done at one (sorry, different state) and she has always been happy. The instructors don't let the students do anything without making sure it is correct (re: color, etc-the scissors I think you might just have to risk, lol). I've never done it, but back when I was in college I got all my dental work done at the dental school for free, and they always did a good job. Some theory.
Here is a list of prices:
Find and Contact an Olympian University Cosmetology School in your area for the training you need for your career in Cosmetology or Aesthetics*
If it is in pretty poor shape now, at those prices, I'd give it a try. They may not turn you into Jennifer Anniston, but it will probably be better than self care at home.
If you try it, let us know how it goes.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:15 AM
N8!

2,456 posts, read 2,425,775 times
Try:

Casa Verde Salon on Comanche & San Mateo
(Denise does a great job!)

Home - Casa Verda An Aveda Salon & Spa in Albuquerque, NM

They do a fabulous 'do.

Last edited by N8!; 09-08-2011 at 11:40 AM..

Old 09-08-2011, 04:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,098 times
I will definitely check out the cosmetology school and tell you how it goes.

Casa Verde seems like a great place, but I have a lot of hair so I could see it going over budget.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Old 09-14-2011, 11:43 AM

266 posts, read 364,039 times
This may be too late, but have you looked at the Aveda "apprentice" studio called Proteges? They are training to do all the Aveda stuff, but prices are supposedly cheaper because they are still students (who have completed all the training, just getting more hands-on experience). I've never been there so can't give personal experience, but I've heard it's not bad.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:29 AM

146 posts, read 162,750 times
Oh, thanks for that suggestion. I will try out the Aveda apprentice studio with my daughters as test cases.

I was hoping the OP would come back and tell us if she tried the cosmetology school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
View detailed profiles of: