U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-18-2007, 09:31 AM

3,062 posts, read 5,932,234 times
Default Hank and Louie Wickham

Does anyone here remember the Wickham Brothers?

We used to go watch them perform years and years ago in ABQ and Corrales. They were very entertaining.

Are they still performing anywhere in the ABQ area?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 01:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,996 times
I remember them well.......was thinking of them just the other day. I do not know if they are still performing but saw their names listed as honorary pallbearers for some guy who used to be very involved with the blues scene throughout NM. The deceased is Dave Denny....you might try to have someone at the funeral home give them a message.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:54 PM

3 posts, read 5,931 times
I grew up here, and a friend of mine dated Louie. the last time I saw him was about 5 yrs ago, and he was playing up in Cedar Crest at Kokopelli's. Once in awhile at Molly's bar, and occasionally at a little restaurant here and there around town. He wasn't in too good of health the last time I heard. He's older than me, and I'm getting up there! I went to Highland HS back in the 60's. Janice was the friend I had that dated him. he was a few years older than us.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:18 PM

kizzie,

Thanks so much for the info. I have often wondered if Louie and Hank were still performing ... I would love to see them again.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,755 times
Default Albuq hwy 40

Michael h.
I remember listening to them in 1972 or 1973 at the holiday inn on hwy 40 just before you get to the canyon, i was just days away from going to bootcamp. It was great times, laughed alot and we drank alot.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:04 PM

2 posts, read 6,476 times
they still play. i know this because they are my uncles

Old 05-28-2010, 05:51 PM

Are they performing anywhere in the ABQ-Corrales area? Iwould love to see them again.

mholli -- YES! We went to see them at the Holiday Inn on I-40. It would have been in 1970. They were so funny ... I can still sing some of the lyrics of their songs.

I wonder if they have a CD on the market?

Old 06-12-2010, 05:48 PM

2 posts, read 6,476 times
It's mostly private concerts and no, there is no cd, but i have the vinyl records.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,016 times
Saw them tonight at the El Rey theater benefit. Hadn't seen them in 20+ yrs, but wow- they are still very good! Clear, true voices and they can both jam on their guitars! Had a great bass player- Dave- with them. Heard a funny song about a dog and a duck that I hadn't heard before- wish I could find the words to that somewhere. Too bad they didn't play Little Bit Late. Great set, though. Play forever, guys.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel_abq View Post
Saw them tonight at the El Rey theater benefit. Hadn't seen them in 20+ yrs, but wow- they are still very good! Clear, true voices and they can both jam on their guitars! Had a great bass player- Dave- with them. Heard a funny song about a dog and a duck that I hadn't heard before- wish I could find the words to that somewhere. Too bad they didn't play Little Bit Late. Great set, though. Play forever, guys.
Oh!!!!!!!! I am so envious! I would LOVE to see them perform again!

Little Bit Late - that was my FAVORITE! LOL!

Thanks for posting this report!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque