Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 09:06 AM
N8!

2,408 posts, read 5,304,482 times

Advertisements

Personally, I'm ecstatic ABQ ain't for everyone, or even for most people.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:31 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,059,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommodonahue View Post
Wow. Y'all would think you New Mexicans would understand how to have an open mind, maybe offer solutions?

But, even then - this was a thread about negatives, not positives.
Uhhmmmm......The Albuquerque Area and New Mexico Like/Dislike Thread

Quote:
You speak false rhetoric and generalize.
You may want to re-read your original dislike post.

Quote:
The only thing you know, is that you not only do not agree with my opinion, but feel that you should force your opinion on me. That's unfair.
I'm not forcing anything on you. It is MY opinion that you really haven't explored the true essence of the city if when you think of Abq is Urban Sprawl and Walmarts.

Quote:
If someone said the same thing about a city that I love, instead of harassing the person through use of straw-man arguments and generalizing, I would offer suggestions and possible solutions. Also if they had stated something that was not true, I would correct them. That's just me though.
Why would I do that? You obviously have your opinions and are in turn closed minded to anything outside your only little opinions. There are at least 5 points in your original OP that have no factual data to back your assertions.

Quote:
I could say you two have proved my arguments correct in regards to close minded, ignorant people - but that would be unfair since you're only two out of 500,000+ people.
You could say that but again read you own posts and you'll get a little insight into close minded and ignorance.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:33 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,059,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8! View Post
Thank you for pointing that out. I sometimes forget that.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:47 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,075,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMHacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8!
Me three.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMHacker View Post
Uhhmmmm......The Albuquerque Area and New Mexico Like/Dislike Thread.
To be fair, it used to be a Dis-Like thread.

I frequently navigate to a thread via my own posting history and not by the
list of threads in the Albuquerque or whatever forum. I do it that way to see
who has responded ( wrongfully ) to my own posts and needs a spanking.

Going into a thread that way, it would be easy to miss that.
( Now don't make me give you a spanking. )

Old 11-29-2011, 02:00 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,736,898 times
This thread is a merge of several related threads....

Rich

Old 11-29-2011, 02:33 PM
N8!

2,408 posts, read 5,304,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8! View Post
Me three.
I like it that a lot of people dis-like ABQ.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:52 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,367,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
Nice place to live when you're house isn't up to the eaves buried in snow or inundated by flood waters of historic proportions!
Good thing I left in 07'.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommodonahue
Good thing I left in 07'.
I thought you moved here from Europe.

Maybe that was just your S.O.(?)

Old 11-29-2011, 04:03 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,367,027 times
Quote:
Uhhmmmm......The Albuquerque Area and New Mexico Like/Dislike Thread

You may want to re-read your original dislike post.

I'm not forcing anything on you. It is MY opinion that you really haven't explored the true essence of the city if when you think of Abq is Urban Sprawl and Walmarts.

Why would I do that? You obviously have your opinions and are in turn closed minded to anything outside your only little opinions. There are at least 5 points in your original OP that have no factual data to back your assertions.

You could say that but again read you own posts and you'll get a little insight into close minded and ignorance.
I have explored ABQ.. and there are tons of little things I like about this place, but the overall picture to me is suburban sprawl . And... New Mexico is #7 for Walmarts per capita (Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed), and ranks 37th in population, less than all the other aforementioned states. You're smoking crack if you tell me that ABQ isn't sprawled out suburbia..

I do enjoy Erza's place (Duck enchilada) and I've made good friends with the owner of Joe's off Vassar. I work at the Red Cross and have met some amazing people, same with Stand Up For Kids. It's unfortunate that I work 16+ hours a day and cannot "explore the true essence of the city", as you say. I know Erza's and Joe's aren't exclusive spots - but I do know good places for any occasion.

I apologize that since I have traveled the world and have found places I find better, gives me a biased opinion. Hey, that happens. I'm a bit spoiled rotten. But, hey... If you've explored the true essence of some of the world's greatest cities, you might be biased too. But, I don't know anything.

Whatever you respond to with what I've just said, that's the end of it. Don't really care to argue about an opinion, it goes nowhere and does nothing for this thread..

Last edited by Yac; 12-28-2011 at 06:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.