Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 12:29 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,368,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelazyone View Post
waited an hour & a half for a sack of 10 at PA's only whitecastle. I guess folks in these parts never had a murder burger.
Haha, murder burger. I'll have to start using that.

Also, I had Chipotle in Chicago... wasn't anything special.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 12:33 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarplr View Post
I've tried Chipotle before and yes I think it is great but when I seen people standing outside freezing in the cold I was like dam!!! I cannot stand waiting in lines.
"Good" is relative. Chipotle is by far the best fast-food chain around, and certainly the best fast-food burrito chain. I wouldn't wait in a line out the door for it though. The good news is, you don't have to if you want to try it out. If you pre-order online or via fax, you can simply walk up the the counter at your appointed time and pick up your order. No standing in line.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:34 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,368,397 times
I think part of the trendiness lies in it's minimalist appeal. Minimalism seems to be trendy these days//

Other examples would be something similar to the "NICE" brand at Walgreens - while, it may not be popular, it is an attempt at the minimalist style that is trendy...

Old 12-31-2011, 12:38 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clessie Lyle View Post
Comparing it to what I've had before, the mild salsa is radically different. It used to be a chunky pico de gallo salsa, but now they have it as a runny, soupy salsa. I'm not sure where the change comes from, but the pico de gallo was much better.
They have 4 salsas available, and pico is one of them (they call it "fresh tomato salsa"). This is their "mild" salsa. The other three are roasted chili corn salsa (medium), tomatillo green chili salsa (medium), and tomatillo red chili salsa (hot). The "soupy" salsa you refer to is probably one of the latter two.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:49 PM

47 posts, read 116,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
They have 4 salsas available, and pico is one of them (they call it "fresh tomato salsa"). This is their "mild" salsa. The other three are roasted chili corn salsa (medium), tomatillo green chili salsa (medium), and tomatillo red chili salsa (hot). The "soupy" salsa you refer to is probably one of the latter two.
The consistency of the mild pico was very close to the consistency of the medium and hot salsas - when I had Chipotle in Illinois, the pico was chunky and had a bolder flavor.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:22 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,700,318 times
Grand openings are always a big deal..even if the store or restaurant isn't that great.

When they got the new Ikea in Denver Traffic was Terrible, The Parking Garage was completely full, and it wasn't even worth it!

But to me Chipotle is worth it! I love it!

Old 01-02-2012, 11:16 AM

265 posts, read 808,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
If you pre-order online or via fax, you can simply walk up the the counter at your appointed time and pick up your order. No standing in line.
Ooh, good to know! DH occasionally brings home carry-out from town, and I really like places that let me pre-order online to streamline the whole process.

My favorite online ordering so far is Domino's, they display all the flyer coupons & let you see the status of your order ("Caitlin is putting your pizza into the oven", etc). Their new "artisan" pizzas are pretty good, too!

Old 01-03-2012, 08:58 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Having observed a friend use it, I will concur that Domino's online ordering is a masterful leap in the home delivery business. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for their product. Don't listen to me, though. I basically only consider a single pizzeria in Albuquerque to be worth its salt, another couple to be just 'ok'.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:31 PM

28 posts, read 53,910 times
Chipotle makes good mission district style burritos. ABQ doesn't have a lot of options for that, with the only one I can think of off the top of my head being Empire Burrito, who also makes really good mission district style burritos.

People are probably more excited over having more than 1 option for this kind of burrito than they are the actual excitement over having a Chiptole. Hence the ABQ store having the biggest Chipotle opening ever. Q-Doba likely would have done just as well.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:53 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,182,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEABttn View Post
Hence the ABQ store having the biggest Chipotle opening ever. Q-Doba likely would have done just as well.
Having eaten at both many times, I kinda doubt that, though Qdoba would be doing almost as well if it set up the building instead of Chipotle.

(I do like that Qdobas are almost always less busy, but that's hardly a competitive advantage)

Oddly enough, it appears Qdoba beat Chipotle to New Mexico, as they mention an address in Farmington on their website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque