Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 07:35 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,334,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
It's like that location, and next to it is cursed... What use to be a Burger King has been a few different places.
Burger King must be hitting hard times. I can't even picture a single location near me. Are there any left? There must be.

As far as Lumpy's, the nearest one is about 5 miles outside my range for a fast-food restaurant. If they put one within a mile or so I might just check them out. Nob Hill/UNM is the boondocks where new chains are concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 07:51 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,736,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Burger King must be hitting hard times

As far as Lumpy's, the nearest one is about 5 miles outside my range for a fast-food restaurant.
About 5 years ago a Burger King franchise holder with about 15 stores in New Mexico was convicted of a few million dollar fraud issue, so quite a few of the stores closed.

There are a few remaining in ABQ, we got two in Rio Rancho (which I don't go to) and one in Bernalillio (which I don't go to).

I guess we can say Lumpy's is a New Mexican fast food chain. Two stores... I wish them well!!!

You know, it's just a hamburger, but I guess it's a lost art, and I grew up on hamburgers...

Rich

Old 01-17-2012, 10:09 PM

923 posts, read 2,418,734 times
Like others have said -- that location is cursed and Lumpy's will not last there. It's not on a well-traveled street and is easy to miss when traveling on Coors. It's a shame, but it's reality. I better go try it before it goes *poof.*

Old 01-19-2012, 01:01 AM

Lumpy's should open a location near UNM. While the area has the Frontier, a juggernaut of Albuquerque diner food, there would not be much real competition in the burger field (unless you consider McDonald's to serve hamburgers).

Old 01-19-2012, 01:07 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,625,159 times
Quote:
Burger King must be hitting hard times. I can't even picture a single location near me. Are there any left? There must be.

As far as Lumpy's, the nearest one is about 5 miles outside my range for a fast-food restaurant. If they put one within a mile or so I might just check them out. Nob Hill/UNM is the boondocks where new chains are concerned.
There are two Burger Kings pretty close to me that I can think of. One at Lomas and the tracks downtown, and the other at Gibson and I-25. I've always liked Burger King. The original Whopper is my favorite. I usually buy a Whopper Jr. whenever I eat there, though. The smokey flavor is what I've always liked about it as compared to other fast-food hamburger places such as McDonald's.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:39 PM

I can't remember the last time I ate at a Burger King but I remember it was a lot better than McDonald's for the reason you mention. The meat had an actual flavor.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:43 PM

508 posts, read 1,086,515 times
Quote:
Lumpy's should open a location near UNM. While the area has the Frontier, a juggernaut of Albuquerque diner food, there would not be much real competition in the burger field (unless you consider McDonald's to serve hamburgers).
Yes. Lumpy's is my favorite burger place in town, but the trek out to the west side means I rarely go. I'd love to have one close to UNM - I think it would do great.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:05 PM

560 posts, read 1,714,431 times
Thanks for posting! I noticed the Cottonwood one the other day and was wondering if it was any good! Definitely going to give this place a try!

Old 01-29-2012, 06:17 PM

27 posts, read 63,464 times
Is that the old Owl cafe? For the life of me I can't picture the location. I've yet to try lumpy's but since its closer I think I will this week.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:25 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,736,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebudstar View Post
Is that the old Owl cafe? For the life of me I can't picture the location. I've yet to try lumpy's but since its closer I think I will this week.
Yes, that use to be the Owl Cafe.

Rich
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque