Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 12:56 PM

710 posts, read 2,962,119 times

Advertisements

Since there is a lot of new retailers coming to the Albuquerque Metro Area I thought I'd start a new thread highlighting these retailers.

ABQ Uptown Lifestyle Center, probably the biggest improvement to shopping in sometime. Retailers include; Apple, Chico's, White House/Black Market, Soma by Chico's, Coldwater Creek, J. Jill, BCBG Max Azria, Eddie Bauer, Sharper Image, Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, Cingular, RBT (Real Brewed Tea), Starbucks, Ann Taylor Loft, Marcello's Chophouse, Elephant Bar & Restaurant, Bravo Cucino de Italia, Jared the Galleria of Jewelry, Talbot's, La Bella Salon and Day Spa, World of Knives, Borders, Sunset Canyon. Some rumored retailers include Bebe, and Coach but we'll have to wait and see.

Sports Court at Montano & I-25 will include Tres Amigos Furniture from Tucson, Performance Bicycles (Chapel Hill, NC), and my favorite Golfsmith Golf & Tennis from Austin, TX.

Starplex cinemas will be coming to ABQ metro for the first time with a 14 Screen Stadium seating theater in Rio Rancho, at the corner of Unser & Southern, Rio Rancho will also be getting the first of many Starbucks at this location as well.

On the Westside of ABQ, Cost Plus and Petco will finally be making their way across the river, and coming the first week of October look for the Falls Steakhouse (looks beautiful from the outside) on Alameda just before entering Rio Rancho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2006, 01:11 PM

739 posts, read 2,949,003 times
Default New retail

Let's not forget Nob Hill- Toad Road, Zap Oh! (adorable kids store) projected stores in the new condo development right on Central- anyone know about what's going in there.
I also keep reading about the rumored Urban Outfitters downtown... if that really does happen, that would really be great for the area.

All Albuquerque needs now is a Crate and Barrel!

Old 09-18-2006, 01:15 PM

DJ - The rumored Urban Outfitters was just that a rumor. The ABQ Journal and Tribune both verified that was not happening. As for Crate & Barrel, I couldn't agree more. Hopefully when ABQ Uptown adds more retail in phase 3 that will come on board. Keep our fingers crossed.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:51 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,289,648 times
I hope this place don't end up like california.

Old 09-18-2006, 03:13 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,713,816 times
Kohl's opens their first two ABQ-area department stores - one on Paseo and Louisiana and one on the Westside near Cottonwood...believe both open in October.

Old 09-18-2006, 03:33 PM

741 posts, read 2,923,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _yb View Post
I hope this place don't end up like california.
No way. We would need to have:
  • Hordes of illegals coming over the Mexican border
  • Hollywood celebrities buying homes in the area
  • Movie studios setting up shop
  • Guys selling bags of oranges at stop lights
Uh-oh. 3 out of 4. Looks like it may be too late...

Old 10-05-2006, 01:39 PM

New stores listed at ABQ Uptown:
Gymboree
Prima Fine Jewelry
Alltel
Sunglass Hut

If you would like to see the center's layout check out the attached link.
http://www.abquptown.com/pdfs/flyer2.pdf (broken link)

Old 10-29-2006, 12:38 AM

368 posts, read 1,329,800 times
what Albq. needs is more upscale big-city shopping outlets like Louis Vuitton and Gucci and brands of that nature. To sum it all up, we need all the same shopping centers that Denver,Dallas and Phoenix has so New Mexicans dont have to travel out of town for shopping.

Old 10-30-2006, 05:06 PM

councilor_j - I couldn't agree with you more about the need for true upscale retailers like Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Dior, and others. I have spoken to John Sedberry at Sedberry & Associates asking why he doesn't recruit retailers like that to ABQ Uptown. He stated they have tried luring these and many other retailers for quite some time but El Paso and Tucson seem to always grab them from underneath us. The point he made with both Tucson and El Paso (which I might add have a much lower median income level than ABQ) is the proximity to the Mexican border. Many of the rich shoppers come to both Tucson and EP to shop American and Internation luxury brands. So not only is it dependent on the income here in ABQ, but it's also due to the fact that we just don't have enough tourist coming into ABQ to shop when they have these brands at home. Either way I still believe we should have brands like Coach, Bebe, Guess, Kenneth Cole, and Cole Haan at the very least. Hopefully we continue to grow and get some of these retailers in the very near future. My wife just bought a new purse and wallet at the new Coach store in El Paso this morning, I would have preferred to keep the money in ABQ.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:19 PM

5 posts, read 31,859 times
Default UO coming to ABQ downtown

I'm not affiliated with Urban Outfitters, but I wanted to assure you all that we ARE getting one downtown probably off Central Ave in that new complex they're building.

I recently went to Anthropology at ABQ Uptown and asked a sales clerk about getting an Urban Outfitters (same company by the way) and she verified that we ARE in fact getting one....when I'm unsure but it's a go!

Yessss!!!!!! Now for making enough money to blow there - love their clothes and furnishings!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque