Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 07:43 AM

277 posts, read 682,116 times

Advertisements

I know someone through work, nice couple with a new baby, make a decent living... they recently bought some land in the "South Valley" - and I admit I am not totally sure what that area encompasses but I think it is part of SW Abq) and are building a new house.

If enough people are brave enough to buck the trends, I imagine it could be an amazing investment to buy there, over time of course. We didn't look there because of work, and I admit I had heard "enough" about it prior to moving here to be wary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 11:13 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
Rent first.
Renting is a good idea... just not sure abuot the multiple moves... I wonder if a long term hotel type of deal might work out.... put all of the stuff in storage...... something along those lines...

Anyone have experience in that area???

Old 05-19-2012, 08:33 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Renting is a good idea... just not sure abuot the multiple moves... I wonder if a long term hotel type of deal might work out.... put all of the stuff in storage...... something along those lines...

Anyone have experience in that area???
We have moved a few/many(?) times over the years. A lot depends on the distance and how much "stuff" you have.

Two threads to read through?
http://www.city-data.com/forum/albuq...l#post20588872

http://www.city-data.com/forum/albuq...kly-motel.html

Rich

Old 08-23-2012, 09:23 PM

2 posts, read 1,661 times
After reading several posts about the SW side of Albuquerque I am totally confused. My husband I just placed a contact on a house being built as I type for a home that is in Sandstone Trails Near 118th SW and Dennis Chavez.

I found posts from 2 to 4 years ago that would indicate the area near or around is crime and gang infested and one should run away as fast as possible but more recent posts indicate a better outlook. The subdivision is at the end of the road and lthere is nothing but desert beyond 118th. I don't mind not having access to quick shopping and like the idea that in 10 years the area will have GROWN. I pose the question. Should we back out? Anyone live in this area?

Old 08-24-2012, 09:17 AM

295 posts, read 591,636 times
One thing about the SW side of town, there are less Neighborhood Associations. Yards get messy, people park cars all over their front yards, weeds infest the front of homes, and people tend to build large walls around there houses with large gates. Not my forte to be honest. But for others it is... so my advice is Rent first.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:57 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,059,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan from NM View Post
One thing about the SW side of town, there are less Neighborhood Associations. Yards get messy, people park cars all over their front yards, weeds infest the front of homes, and people tend to build large walls around there houses with large gates. Not my forte to be honest. But for others it is... so my advice is Rent first.
Sandstone Trails is a new subdivision with an HOA I believe.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:07 AM

295 posts, read 591,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMHacker View Post
Sandstone Trails is a new subdivision with an HOA I believe.
I think it does too! I think if you do move out to the SW, Neighborhood associations are a MUST. Especially if you ever want to resale, property values in most SW neighborhoods are so bad because of the problem I noted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque