U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-04-2012, 04:01 PM

93 posts, read 136,799 times

Advertisements

I was driving by the Winrock Center yesterday when I seen a banner for BJ's! Long story short they will be opening there doors sometime this fall. This is such an awesome addition to the Albuquerque uptown area. BJ's has one of the best selections of beer you'll find anywhere, there food/pizza is second to none. Very good news.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 09:56 PM

1,783 posts, read 2,596,130 times
Hmmm..another chain. A look at their website shows they have a fairly uninspired menu and boast of 8 handcrafted beers plus a few more on tap. Granted, I'm not in Albuquerque this week but last night I was at a local establishment that has100 beers on tap. THAT impressed. Think we' ll pass on BJ's ( unfortunate name ) in favor of supporting locallly ownex Nexus.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmathecat View Post
Hmmm..another chain. A look at their website shows they have a fairly uninspired menu and boast of 8 handcrafted beers plus a few more on tap. Granted, I'm not in Albuquerque this week but last night I was at a local establishment that has100 beers on tap. THAT impressed. Think we' ll pass on BJ's ( unfortunate name ) in favor of supporting locallly ownex Nexus.
WOW! And the negativity rolls on, Guess what people, Albuquerque is not a small town and progress will not be stopped. I can't figure out what is with all the resistance to all these new places opening up in Albuquerque. BJ's is awesome, BJs is always a dependable place for good food, good beer, and relaxed vibe. If you love pizza, I recommend the Hawaiian pizza (pineapple, ham, cheese).

Old 06-05-2012, 09:10 AM

30 posts, read 48,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarplr View Post
WOW! And the negativity rolls on, Guess what people, Albuquerque is not a small town and progress will not be stopped. I can't figure out what is with all the resistance to all these new places opening up in Albuquerque. BJ's is awesome, BJs is always a dependable place for good food, good beer, and relaxed vibe. If you love pizza, I recommend the Hawaiian pizza (pineapple, ham, cheese).

Agreed!!!

Old 06-05-2012, 10:26 AM

17,645 posts, read 19,027,454 times
Quote:
Guess what people, Albuquerque is not a small town and progress will not be stopped.
Nobody is complaining about stopping progress... It's the type of progress...

Quote:
I can't figure out what is with all the resistance to all these new places opening up in Albuquerque.
They aren't New Mexico...

The chain of BJís Restaurants, a California business opened in 1978 and currently has over 100 restaurants. William H. Tilley a major stock holder who currently holds about 63.5 million dollars worth of stock (NASDAQ: BJRI). The company is currently based out of Huntington Beach, California.

I hope they do well here and also help the New Mexico economy...

Rich

Photo Contests Open For Posting Entries:

December 2014 "Show Us Your Best Shot" Contest
December 2014 "Theme" Contest

Old 06-05-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Nobody is complaining about stopping progress... It's the type of progress...

They aren't New Mexico...

The chain of BJís Restaurants, a California business opened in 1978 and currently has over 100 restaurants. William H. Tilley a major stock holder who currently holds about 63.5 million dollars worth of stock (NASDAQ: BJRI). The company is currently based out of Huntington Beach, California.

I hope they do well here and also help the New Mexico economy...

Rich
Agree

Old 06-05-2012, 05:24 PM
N8!

2,456 posts, read 2,425,775 times
I've been to a couple BJ's and here's my take:

Food ain't bad for chain food. Their house beers are average (not sucky, not great), but they usually have an really good bottle list.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:26 AM

288 posts, read 534,873 times
I've been to three BJ's in other cities when traveling for business (and I didn't get to pick the restaurant!). They're fine corporate chain restaurants. The beer is acceptable, the food is nice and bland and portions large. In short, pretty much what you'd expect from a chain brew pub. I personally won't plan to frequent the Albuquerque BJ's... but who knows... it could be a perfect fit for others in the city.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:32 PM
N8!

2,456 posts, read 2,425,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmathecat View Post
Think we' ll pass on BJ's ( unfortunate name ) in favor of supporting locallly ownex Nexus.

I'd put BJ's house brew selection slightly above Nexus in variety and taste.

However, in my opinion, neither place competes in La Cumbre/Marble/Il Vicino's class for top local brews.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:29 PM

6,997 posts, read 10,894,044 times
I think id drink there just for the name, say I downed some beer at BJs.

Im always down to try some new beer so long as "craft beer" isnt rammed down me throat etc etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque