Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 10:50 AM

5,015 posts, read 7,405,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapingWI View Post
I see there are two Whole Foods in ABQ. Any difference between the two stores?
The Academy/Wyoming store is larger and has a bigger selection, including a separate seafood counter. Others can probably tell you more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMHacker View Post
No. Both have air so thick with those that feel their 'entitled' you can cut it with a silver spoon.
Maybe it would be best not to flaunt your multiple real estate holdings around town. It would make your reverse condescension more believable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 11:06 AM

62 posts, read 100,135 times
Thank you Aries--that was exactly the type of information I was looking for. As always, I appreciate your input.

NM Hacker--I do believe this is the first unfriendly, non-helpful comment I've received on this wonderful forum. Perhaps, you meant it in a joking fashion, so I will try to cut you some slack.
Just for the record, I don't feel entitled to anything--I drive a 13 year old car for crying out loud!

I have Celiac's disease and know that Whole Foods has the gluten free foods I need when I travel. At home I have the luxury of knowing which local super markets and co-ops have these foods, but while on vacation for a week, I would rather be out hiking/biking/soaking in the culture than going to a million different grocery stores trying to find something that is safe for me to eat. I have to shop at three different stores at home to get what I need, and I have to say, while some of the foods are more expensive WF, many are the same price or cheaper than my "bargain/warehouse grocer".

The reason for my post, is that I noticed a big difference in various WF when visiting CA. I would just like to avoid having to go to BOTH locations, if possible.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:15 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,060,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
The Academy/Wyoming store is larger and has a bigger selection, including a separate seafood counter. Others can probably tell you more.

Maybe it would be best not to flaunt your multiple real estate holdings around town. It would make your reverse condescension more believable.
Flaunt? If you say so. When I refer to those holding I am usually trying to provide some insight into something. Either way, I'm not immune to being hypocritical, actually I probably revel in it.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:19 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,060,169 times
Quote:
NM Hacker--I do believe this is the first unfriendly, non-helpful comment I've received on this wonderful forum. Perhaps, you meant it in a joking fashion, so I will try to cut you some slack.
Just for the record, I don't feel entitled to anything--I drive a 13 year old car for crying out loud!
Wow. My truck is only 12 years old. And yes I was joking. The air of superiority is a long standing joke wrt to Whole Foods.

Quote:
I have Celiac's disease and know that Whole Foods has the gluten free foods I need when I travel. At home I have the luxury of knowing which local super markets and co-ops have these foods, but while on vacation for a week, I would rather be out hiking/biking/soaking in the culture than going to a million different grocery stores trying to find something that is safe for me to eat. I have to shop at three different stores at home to get what I need, and I have to say, while some of the foods are more expensive WF, many are the same price or cheaper than my "bargain/warehouse grocer".

The reason for my post, is that I noticed a big difference in various WF when visiting CA. I would just like to avoid having to go to BOTH locations, if possible.
Sorry for the joke. I hope you find what you need for your diet. There is a few restaurants around town that offer gluten free meals. A search on this forum may help.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:37 AM

NM Hacker-

Thanks so much for the apology, and I also apologize for jumping to conclusions. Apparently I am a little touchy where my food issues are concerned!

Old 09-19-2012, 12:22 PM

31 posts, read 65,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMHacker View Post
No. Both have air so thick with those that feel their 'entitled' you can cut it with a silver spoon.
LOL true.

Vitamin Cottage is good. Their selection is smaller than a WFM, but their prices are also better. My family is gluten intolerant as well, and I buy a lot of the specialty items we need from there.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:45 AM

195 posts, read 420,859 times
Quote:
I see there are two Whole Foods in ABQ. Any difference between the two stores?
The one on Wyoming I have not been to, but I have been to the one on Carlisle. I had a VERY upsetting experience there two years ago,(I got accused of "putting something in my purse" and I was also the only person of color in there-probably most likely won't happen, I was probably in there at the wrong time) and I haven't been back. I was actually scared to go to the ones in Santa Fe when I found out they had one (now I know 2) here last year. But that one hasn't upset me yet.

But I'm sure there isn't any noticeable difference, since they probably sell the same stuff. But if I need something at Whole Foods, I'm sticking to Santa Fe.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:36 AM

Thats horrible!! I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:54 AM

31 posts, read 65,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Inferno View Post
The one on Wyoming I have not been to, but I have been to the one on Carlisle. I had a VERY upsetting experience there two years ago,(I got accused of "putting something in my purse" and I was also the only person of color in there-probably most likely won't happen, I was probably in there at the wrong time) and I haven't been back. I was actually scared to go to the ones in Santa Fe when I found out they had one (now I know 2) here last year. But that one hasn't upset me yet.

But I'm sure there isn't any noticeable difference, since they probably sell the same stuff. But if I need something at Whole Foods, I'm sticking to Santa Fe.

They definitely have a snotty air about them. The one on Academy is nice, but I think the stuck up attitude is pretty thick there too.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:47 AM

So interesting. Perhaps this is unique to the NM Whole Foods? The one I go to in Wisconsin is very friendly and cheerful. I rarely make it out of the store without at least 2 people asking if I need help finding anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque