Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2012, 12:01 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,447,648 times

Advertisements

Have you been bombarded with phones call this year? We don't even live in NM anymore, haven't for almost 5 years and have notified them time and time again, we are registered in AR. Still we are getting about 5 to 6 calls a day, from NM...

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 06:57 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,161,873 times
It's let up a bit, but I've gotten up to 15 a day, mostly autodialers, and most of those abandoned calls.

Both candidates in my state house district have lent their voice to enough autodialers that I'm deliberately not voting for either one. It's easily the dirtiest race in the docket this cycle.

Advertising by theft is still legal in this country for political campaigns. Each campaign spends less than 5 cents per autodialer call to interrupt you.

A wag of the finger to anyone who has financially supported autodialer campaigns. You should be ashamed and I'd visit the cost of wasted time on you if I could.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
It's let up a bit, but I've gotten up to 15 a day, mostly autodialers, and most of those abandoned calls.

Both candidates in my state house district have lent their voice to enough autodialers that I'm deliberately not voting for either one. It's easily the dirtiest race in the docket this cycle.

Advertising by theft is still legal in this country for political campaigns. Each campaign spends less than 5 cents per autodialer call to interrupt you.

A wag of the finger to anyone who has financially supported autodialer campaigns. You should be ashamed and I'd visit the cost of wasted time on you if I could.
boy that is for sure: What a pain in the A## it has become.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,049,420 times
The only reason we have a home phone is for the fax machine. Never get any calls on our mobile phones.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:50 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,161,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMHacker View Post
The only reason we have a home phone is for the fax machine. Never get any calls on our mobile phones.
I can help you with that if you like. :-)

Robocalling cellphones is illegal for any cause except for specifically opted-in (your plane flight is leaving in one hour, etc.).

Our government exempts land lines for some reason. Funny how CenturyLink, Comcast, etc. are losing subscribers by the millions to cellphones and yet they take no action to extend the robocaller ban to include political campaigns, surveys, and charities.

Guess they're lazy. Glad I don't own their stock.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:16 PM

10,734 posts, read 23,728,028 times
Yes, I truely appreciate it as had they not called me I would have had no idea whom to vote for otherwise. And it's so thoughtful of them to call so frequently just to keep in touch.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:26 PM

1,566 posts, read 4,415,941 times
I have only one phone: a cell phone. So, I wasn't bothered by political pitches.

OTOH, my mailbox has been filled with political crapola every day for the past two weeks or so. I was going to suggest to our mailman that someone at the post office install a trash can near our group mail boxes.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:15 PM

295 posts, read 590,754 times
I mean, as much as I hate those stupid calls, I have the most respect for those people and I will hear them out. Even if Obama's campaign doesn't already get the hint.

Remember people, these are young volunteers, most of the time. They are someone's children, respect them like you would want to be treated.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan from NM View Post
I mean, as much as I hate those stupid calls, I have the most respect for those people and I will hear them out. Even if Obama's campaign doesn't already get the hint.

Remember people, these are young volunteers, most of the time. They are someone's children, respect them like you would want to be treated.
The calls are driving me crazy,but I agree, mostly these are just kids, they are either volunteers or is some cases, are being paid. I know I did my share of volunteer calling during many campaigns and door knocking. My problem is the rotocalls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque