Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 11:38 PM

923 posts, read 2,419,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8! View Post
That commute is gunna be a bi$h when the Paseo/I-25 interchange project starts this April. Add another 15 min-30 min to your time depending on crashes.
It's actually faster to take Universe (In Ventana Ranch) to Montano. Universe turns into Unser. Just say on Unser all the way to I-40. Or turn off of Unser at Ouray and take that down to Coors to enter the freeway. It take less than 5 min. to get from Volcano Vista HS to Unser & Montano. That way you avoid Paseo del Norte.

Either way, I think it's a commute I wouldn't want to do every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 12:31 AM

366 posts, read 869,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8! View Post
Live on the east side of I-25, maybe.. and avoid having to commute across the Rio Grande..?
Yea I would not want to be making that trip, especially in the immediate future. Maybe look into Mesa Del Sol, I don't know how affordable it is but they just started (restarted?) building brand new homes and your commute would be awesome.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:57 AM
N8!

2,408 posts, read 5,306,891 times
All that west side traffic is going to taking the same alternate routes to the east. Fun times ahead...

Old 02-17-2013, 02:30 PM

5,034 posts, read 7,414,809 times
I live right by the airport. Takes me 5 minutes to get there. Why deliberately set yourself up for spending hours and hours behind the wheel and away from your family each week? What are you reading that sold you on Rio Rancho?

Old 02-17-2013, 02:59 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,184,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgreg View Post
I am relocating in a couple of months and will be working at the airport (ABQ). I've been looking at places in Rio Rancho and Ventana Ranch among others but I'm beginning to get concerned about the commute. I'll be driving during the regular work commute hours and I'm getting the feeling that even the VR-ABQ drive will be about 45 minutes. Is RR-ABQ unrealistic? I don't trust the times on google maps and would love to get info from locals. Ideally I would like to keep the commute under 30 minutes but to get a place that is safe and gives my young family the conveniences we need I could go as far as 45 minutes if necessary.

Any and all info is appreciated!
I hear there are some nice places in Santa Fe and Grants too. But there's just no point in considering those places.

If you want new construction, try Mesa Del Sol. Five minute commute, nice neighborhood, and it's still in the sticks.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:37 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,681 times
I live close to Downtown just of I-25, and took a class at CNM Westside that required me to drive there during the evening rush hour, it generally took me 35-40 minutes, or a little more when there was a wreck on I-40/Coors. It's not the *Worst* commute in the world, but I was ready to die after a few weeks of the class. Instead of Paseo, I took I-25 to I40 west, then Coors north to Dellyne, then Unser takes you straight up to Rainbow/Universe/Ventana Ranch. I find taking I-25 is just a little bit longer than the route I took/take.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:32 PM

12 posts, read 43,248 times
I appreciate all of the info and suggestions for different places to live. The reason I've been concentrating on VR and RR is that my family has lived in a 150 year old house in the country for a long time so my wife wants to go in the opposite direction and get something new(ish). The options I've seen so far have been limited to those places (mostly) because we're going to rent for at least a year so we can figure out where we want to actually buy a place. I'd love to live on the east side but there doesn't seem to be much of anything for rent that has been built in the last 10 years.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:00 PM

366 posts, read 869,266 times
In that case I would definitely encourage you to rent in one of those areas, this way you will be able to decide first hand if the commute is worth the newer house or not. Worse case you have an awful commute for a year and will know that that is not where you want to buy a house.

New construction is very limited on the east side and rentals even more so.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:33 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,184,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgreg View Post
I'd love to live on the east side but there doesn't seem to be much of anything for rent that has been built in the last 10 years.
I don't think you're looking very hard. Willow Wood and thereabouts are about that old and I see stuff on Trulia.

Not to mention the litany of options you have south of I-40 on the westside. Commuting from 10000 N to 2000 S is the silliest part of considering those other places.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:55 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,061,735 times
I don't think it is silly. People like different types of neighborhoods. They will put up with commute times to live in an area they like.

I wouldn't live S of I40 on the west side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque