Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 10:11 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,916,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _yb View Post
Don't they already have a super target at paseo del norte and 25? I have picked up a few 4.00 scripts there and it seemed pretty big. Not sure if it is a super or not.
No that is not a Super Target. That is just a very LARGE target. It was orginally planed to be a Super Target, but supposedly the metro wasn't ready for one.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:19 AM

1,763 posts, read 5,996,520 times
Default Schools & Water

Two things Albuq is doing to get with the program are improved/new schools, and water. Recently in the ABQJournal:

1) The city has $106 million extra to spend on new & refurbished schools all over town. This could help make Albuq an even more attractive location for business & relocation.

2) Apparently, the water authority may begin restricting large residential developments if they can't get their water act together. It will no longer be up to the authority to "provide on demand." The onus, and the cost, will be on the developers. I think this will only apply to large new developments, not infill development within city boundaries. This may help with the revitalization of downtown areas, since it would steer some of the development there.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:26 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
Two things Albuq is doing to get with the program are improved/new schools, and water. Recently in the ABQJournal:

1) The city has $106 million extra to spend on new & refurbished schools all over town. This could help make Albuq an even more attractive location for business & relocation.
Good info Tim....as that will also ensure lots of construction jobs to build and refurbish these schools and also nice to see Del Norte high school now has enough money to totally reconstruct that school as that will be great for that part of town.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:38 PM

11 posts, read 36,997 times
Default I just want an abercrombie here

I still don't get why the abercrombie in cottonwood was closed

I really hope a new abercrombie opens up at ABQ UPTOWN

the mall has good stores, but it needs something for the younger

Old 01-23-2008, 08:47 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,916,612 times
completely agree betomi. Enjoy your first rep point

Old 02-10-2008, 11:25 PM

11 posts, read 36,997 times
Default about abercrombie

I am hoping that phase II of abq uptown really opens one up...except that opens till fall 09 when i will be a senior so the next year I will probly be out of here

good thing denver and el paso have one

Old 02-11-2008, 02:19 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,023,547 times
I also think that ABQ uptown should have a little more appeal to the younger generation and I would like to see an Ambercrombie and Fitch in there also.So has anyone heard anything new happening in the city?

Old 02-11-2008, 11:23 AM

266 posts, read 1,333,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betomi View Post
I still don't get why the abercrombie in cottonwood was closed
The Abercrombie & Fitch in Cottonwood was closed because it had the highest rate of theft among employees of any A&F in the nation.

Last I heard, they had finalized a new store to be located at ABQ Uptown.

I wish they would get an Urban Outfitters or an American Apparel here. They have both in Tucson, located right by the university, and I'm sure they could turn a profit here as well.

Last edited by AndyJ; 02-11-2008 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: Omission

Old 02-11-2008, 12:05 PM

811 posts, read 2,940,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJ View Post
The Abercrombie & Fitch in Cottonwood was closed because it had the highest rate of theft among employees of any A&F in the nation.

Last I heard, they had finalized a new store to be located at ABQ Uptown.

I wish they would get an Urban Outfitters or an American Apparel here. They have both in Tucson, located right by the university, and I'm sure they could turn a profit here as well.

They replaced it with Holister, which is owned by the same company if i'm not mistaken. The first mistake was opening it in Cottonwood instead of Coronado, Cottonwood is an urban mall where as Coronado is a Mid City mall...if that makes any sense. The sales volume at the stores in Coronado are higher than Cotonwood.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:01 PM

266 posts, read 1,333,486 times
Yes, Hollister and A&F are owned by the same group. I get your point about Cottonwood vs. Coronado - there's definitely a reason that sales are higher at Coronado.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque