Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 09:53 PM

51 posts, read 82,769 times

Advertisements

That area is pretty nice. Real close to shopping and walking/running around the academy loop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 10:20 PM

255 posts, read 626,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilya View Post
Thank you very very much. Your post helped a lot. I think I found something at 5555 wyoming blvd NE. Wish it's a good location

NP, and this is just opinion. So take it for what those are worth

Old 04-20-2013, 11:13 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,736,898 times
Quote:
I think I found something at 5555 wyoming blvd NE. Wish it's a good location
We have lived about 15 miles northeast from that area for over 10 years. It's a nice area, I'm not really familiar with the actual apartments. Have driven through the area a lot, done some shopping in the area, hit some of the restuarants in the general area. Gone to a few of the parks in the area. Etc...

You might read thread which includes that area: Any renters in NE heights with advice?

Old 04-21-2013, 05:35 AM

212 posts, read 538,661 times
Quote:
Thank you very very much. Your post helped a lot. I think I found something at 5555 wyoming blvd NE. Wish it's a good location
I lived there! Only a year because it was so loud! Academy Heights? 5577 Wyoming. It's super cheap and convenient, but it's very old and loud. Low income renters and more than one shady character there. I lived on the 3rd floor, stairs every day, no elevator, and faced east to Wyoming. The doors/windows are from the 60s or 70s so you have zero sound insulation from blaring loud Wyoming blvd. if you must rent there, be sure to get an apt facing West (yes west, with no view) to avoid the noise of Wyoming.

Your other place La Privada was next door to the other place I lived. Oak Tree Park, 5800 Osuna Rd NE, right next door to La Privada. Oak Tree was nice, I got the biggest 2BR 2BA for like $860 back in 2011. Might be closer to $1k now. But that's a huge 2BR with a working wood burning fire place, I loved that place. Erin Quin is the leasing manager and she is super nice. Best apt I found in my 4 years there. All remodeled too, and vitally important assigned parking space!

Last edited by cbus2abq; 04-21-2013 at 05:38 AM.. Reason: Type-o

Old 04-21-2013, 12:54 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,736,898 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbus2abq View Post
I lived there! Only a year because it was so loud! Academy Heights? 5577 Wyoming. It's super cheap and convenient, but it's very old and loud. Low income renters and more than one shady character there. I lived on the 3rd floor, stairs every day, no elevator
The Academy Heights Apts, 5555 Wyoming Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM appears to all be two floors...

Old 04-21-2013, 01:45 PM

212 posts, read 538,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
The Academy Heights Apts, 5555 Wyoming Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM appears to all be two floors...
Yeah it's all the same development, I think the 5555 may be split up like townhomes, and the 5577 where I stayed is built like a dorm. The first or ground floor is also a split level, with the sidewalk outside being at waist level in the apartment. I heard that the ground floor had a lot of bug problems and I frequently remember walking through suffocating fumigation smells on my way to the stairs up to my apt. Probably a monthly spray. Again, OP, I would not recommend this place.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:17 PM

255 posts, read 626,664 times
If you can afford it, choose elsewhere.

all of these are newer and walking distance to shopping ETC:

Broadstone Living in Albuquerque

Old 04-21-2013, 05:25 PM

79 posts, read 178,193 times
Thank you so much everyone. That was really helpful. atxzj I like the broadstone living but they don't offer short term lease. I am looking for 3 months only; if I don't like the area I'll leave without having to wait so long. I am really interested in renting a house with garage, but can't do that from NC. I have to be there and see the house.
Again thank you all. I'll read your comments again and again ans see what's the best choice.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbus2abq View Post
I lived there! Only a year because it was so loud! Academy Heights? 5577 Wyoming. It's super cheap and convenient, but it's very old and loud. Low income renters and more than one shady character there. I lived on the 3rd floor, stairs every day, no elevator, and faced east to Wyoming. The doors/windows are from the 60s or 70s so you have zero sound insulation from blaring loud Wyoming blvd. if you must rent there, be sure to get an apt facing West (yes west, with no view) to avoid the noise of Wyoming.

Your other place La Privada was next door to the other place I lived. Oak Tree Park, 5800 Osuna Rd NE, right next door to La Privada. Oak Tree was nice, I got the biggest 2BR 2BA for like $860 back in 2011. Might be closer to $1k now. But that's a huge 2BR with a working wood burning fire place, I loved that place. Erin Quin is the leasing manager and she is super nice. Best apt I found in my 4 years there. All remodeled too, and vitally important assigned parking space!
Thanks a lot for your detailed answer. I am looking at the Oak tree park, can you please tell me if they have enough parking spaces, and do they have a washer and dryer in each apt?

Old 04-21-2013, 05:39 PM

And do you know if they offer short term lease?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque