Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2013, 03:02 AM

560 posts, read 1,714,536 times

Advertisements

So I drove down to Albuquerque yesterday to run some errands, do some shopping, etc. I had my mouth all set from some Steak-and-all-you-can-eat-Shrimp at Sizzler! But alas, Sizzler has closed!

What happened? Is there another one in town besides the one that was on Menaul?

Don't tell me I'm going to have to drive all the way to Gallup to enjoy some Sizzler!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 05:52 PM

462 posts, read 1,008,842 times
Default Sizzler in ABQ

There is a Sizzler in ABQ on Menaul.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:53 PM

212 posts, read 538,699 times
Didn't Chipotle take its place? Or is Sizzler still there?

Old 08-22-2013, 08:26 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,179,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northanna_2001 View Post
There is a Sizzler in ABQ on Menaul.
The point of this thread is that there was, not is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbus2abq View Post
Didn't Chipotle take its place? Or is Sizzler still there?
You're thinking Shoney's, which was down the street a half-mile or so.

Times are a-changin'. Salad bars, Chicken Fried Steak, and Kids Eat Free are out, Fast Casual, Grill up Front, Microwaved Everything is in.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:48 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,422,673 times
Sizzler has gradually been losing locations, been through bankruptcy, been bought and sold several times, and changed their concept several times. IOW, just another typical chain restaurant.

Except for NY and Florida, the remaining restaurants are in western states. The last one in New Mexico is in Gallup.

Sizzler USA

Old 08-23-2013, 04:49 AM

29 posts, read 71,337 times
we were actually going to eat there last weekend because of a coupon in the entertainer book. much to our surprise it was vacant. guess we should have eaten there more than once every 5 years or so.

Old 08-24-2013, 03:03 PM

20 posts, read 48,482 times
I saw a sign up that they would remodel and reopen and then... Poof. They are gone. Not a big loss but I wanted to bring the family there to show them how we did chain restaurants in the old fashion days.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmagana View Post
So I drove down to Albuquerque yesterday to run some errands, do some shopping, etc. I had my mouth all set from some Steak-and-all-you-can-eat-Shrimp at Sizzler! But alas, Sizzler has closed!

What happened? Is there another one in town besides the one that was on Menaul?

Don't tell me I'm going to have to drive all the way to Gallup to enjoy some Sizzler!
I am really not surprised. We moved from the area over 5 years ago and they were struggling then. I used to be a huge Sizzler fan, still love the one in Flagstaff or did the last time we were there, but for the most part I think they have gone downhill over the past 10 years or so, plus the Sizzler types of restaurants have probably seen their day. Like everything else, times change, trends change and we change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque