Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:03 AM

908 posts, read 2,852,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
I always park way the heck away and walk the extra minute or so because I try to reduce my stress level wherever and whenever I can. The walk, of course, is good for me.

Sitting ... waiting for someone to sit ... wait for someone else to pull out of a place that is three spaces down from the next open space just makes me stressed.

If there are not at least ten open spaces between my car and the next car then I have parked too close.
Wisdom taken! You probably added a few years to my life on that one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 10:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
I am really glad that I do not know how to shop. Let's see - Grocery, hardware/lumber/tools, cloths (westernwearhouse), whiskey and that is about it. Just enough stors so I can avoid Wal-mart.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:33 PM

298 posts, read 1,149,096 times
I'd probably check out the Urban Outfitters, and the Trader Joe's sounds great! The other one is pretty far for me to go for just that. I haven't been to Trader Joe's since I left Dayton. I miss their cheap, Greek yogurt. It's probably for the best that I don't have access to their cookies!

Old 04-10-2008, 02:11 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,021,184 times
now if only we could get a Dave and Busters in Uptown or Downtown would be cool, or a Joes Crab Shack.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:28 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,609,664 times
If we're talking chains, I'd love to have a Dick's Last Resort here

Old 05-11-2008, 09:17 PM

11 posts, read 36,995 times
that's cool that these two places are opening

urban outfitters is a nice store for nob hill, although it's a chain store it goes well with nob hill

trader joes is just great

I am really hoping an abercrombie & fitch opens at abq uptown

Old 05-11-2008, 11:30 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,609,664 times
It's not Nob Hill or Uptown, but it might be of interest to some lurkers:

Yesterday, the salesclerk at Catherine's told me that the regional manager was here to check out possible sites in Rio Rancho for a second store. For those of you who shop at Catherine's, anytime you have more than one store in an area, they tend to stock the individual stores by buyer demographic, meaning all stores aren't alike.

And if any newcomers to ABQ shopped SteinMart in an earlier life, the store here closed due to low sales (it was in a bad spot, IMHO). Corporate office did tell me however that they're monitoring various retail/growth indicators here for a possible future store.

Last edited by yukon; 05-11-2008 at 11:40 PM..

Old 05-12-2008, 03:45 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,169 times
And if any newcomers to ABQ shopped SteinMart in an earlier life, the store here closed due to low sales (it was in a bad spot, IMHO). Corporate office did tell me however that they're monitoring various retail/growth indicators here for a possible future store.[/quote]

I enjoyed SteinMart while it was here but can't remember exactly where it was located; maybe the Wyoming/Menaul area? If it returns, my guess would be the Ventura/Paseo area. I miss the Michael's on Lomas; the one on Montgomery has such terrible parking.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:59 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,169 times
Sitting ... waiting for someone to sit ... wait for someone else to pull out of a place that is three spaces down from the next open space just makes me stressed.

If there are not at least ten open spaces between my car and the next car then I have parked too close.[/quote]

Love to read a post I can laugh along with.

I park farther away to get a little walking in and get away from the line-ups too, but admit to sometimes circling for shade.

Had the "pleasure" of needing to go to Wyoming and Montgomery Saturday (Vitamin Cottage and Michael's). No such thing as ten open spaces!

Do you ever worry about your car being vandalized because it is isolated?

Old 06-24-2008, 01:15 PM

710 posts, read 2,961,267 times
For those of you who care, it is confirmed that Sephora will open at Coronado sometime in September according to their website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque