Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 05:42 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,628,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishpony0168 View Post
Pro's Ranch Markets is 11 1/2 miles away from me so I will have to try when I have the gas money to go but they do have good vegetable prices.
If you get the weekly ad from Pro's Ranch in the mail every week then you can take that to Walmart and have them Price Match for you. I think Pro's Ranch sends out their weekly ad to all areas of the city. It does to the various areas I'm familiar with through family and friends, such as the Westside, Downtown/Valley areas and the Southeast Heights. If they send it to those areas they might send it to the area where you live.

Price matching at Walmart has been invaluable to me. I'm also on a limited budget and of modest means, so I always look for ways to save and the cheapest possible price. For instance, that current deal at Pro's Ranch for a 10 pound bag of potatoes for only 99 cents has been honored for me at the Walmart on San Mateo and Zuni each time I've taken advantage of it when it comes out for that price (usually about once a month).

Other deals for meat that I've taken advantage of recently from Pro's Ranch at Walmart through Price Matching have been: 73 percent lean ground beef for as low as 97 cents a pound, pork shoulder country-style ribs for 99 cents a pound, beef stew meat for about $1.50 per pound.

I always get my milk at Walmart using the CVS ad price of $1.99 for a gallon, which it has about every other week including this week until Saturday. I just got eggs from Walmart using the current Albertsons ad coupon price of 88 cents for a dozen large eggs. The price is for the Albertsons store brand so make sure you get the Walmart store brand of eggs "Sunny Meadow" and they will match it for you.

Walmart will honor ad prices from other stores so long as the product is the same (quantity, size specified, etc.), whether it is a name brand or a store brand. Never be afraid to argue with the cashiers if they say Walmart doesn't allow certain price matches or combining price matches with coupons (they DO allow it), as they often aren't aware of what exactly Walmart's policies are. Ask for a manager if you have to. Look up Walmart's policy online so you yourself can be more certain of what exactly price matching allows and what it doesn't. You'll learn through trial and error and become more confident with experience.

Another store whose low prices I often take advantage of at Walmart is Sprouts. There they often have fruits and vegetables for cheap. For instance, recently I bought grapes for 88 cents a pound using the Sprouts ad at Walmart. They also sometimes have low prices on meat and cheese that you can get at Walmart.

Other things that I regularly buy through price-matching at Walmart that are fruits or vegetables or meat are: tomatoes, onion, lettuce, bell peppers, apples, oranges and boneless, skinless chicken breast.

I don't have a car so I often have to plan my trips to the store either hitching a ride with my friends and family, walking or on the bus. Walmart is the ultimate one-stop shop for me. Getting all these other stores best prices honored all in one place at Walmart is incredibly convenient and saves on gas and time.

All these grocery stores send ads through the mail, and the other stores such as CVS and Walgreens (which always has good prices on coffee, canned tuna, olives, mushrooms and mayonnaise) can be had in the Sunday paper.

The Sunday paper is getting to be outrageous in price at two dollars without a subrscription, but it can often be made up for in the savings to be found in the ads and coupons it contains. I subscribe to it daily because I like to read it as well, but the more practical reason is for the ads that come all throughout the week not just on Sunday. I think it works out cheaper in the long run to subscribe to it every day than to only buy the Sunday newspaper. It is currently $16.75 per month to subscribe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 08:41 PM

22 posts, read 33,701 times
Thank you for all the information. I will definitely read up on the Walmart policies online and see if I can subscribe to the Albuquerque Journal next month when I get paid. Thanks so much for all of your help on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque