Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 11:27 AM

1,182 posts, read 2,461,683 times

Advertisements

We rented up in Enchanted Hills before moving into the Alegria community 7 years ago. Enchanted Hills was okay but at least in the part we lived in there were a considerable number of renters and others who didn't seem all that into taking care of their homes and properties. I'm sure it depends on just where in Enchanted Hills you might live, but I generally like being closer to the Rio Grande and bosque - Alegria is next to Rivers Edge III along the river. Feels greener, is quieter and feels a little less like typical suburbia than Enchanted Hills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 09:18 AM

2 posts, read 2,026 times
Default We might be moving soon

Thank you very much for the information you shared and honestly, riveredge and lomas encantadas ( near enchanted hills neighborhood) are our options now. We are still weighing and considering of moving to east because of the budget crisis in our state.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:26 AM

60 posts, read 77,486 times
Pardon what may be a sweeping generalization, but my understanding is that people only move to that area because there are large houses there to be had on the cheap, as the land and location itself is not the most desirable. There are no big stores nearby, it's way out West in RR, and has a very manufactured feel to it. Flat, brown land, not many trees. Can't even see the Sandias that well.
I second what the other guy said: if you're going to live in RR or on the West end of ABQ Metro in general, live as close to the river as you can...takes on more character and "culture".

I live close to the Bosque and I'm crazy about the Bosque so I'm speaking from bias.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:28 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,549,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foggnm View Post
It has been about 14 years since I lived in Rio Rancho. Northern Meadows is pretty far out. It is to me a classic 'middle of nowhere' suburb. Though more shops/stores/restaurants have been built out there in the past 10 years so it isn't so isolated as it once was. Personally, if I was going to live in Rio Rancho, I'd try to be close to 550 or 528. I second Poncho_NM's recommendation of River's Edge which is a nice area and easy access to 550 to get on the interstate.
Northern Meadows is less than a 10 minute drive and less than 3 miles from Rio Rancho City Hall... There is also a Central New Mexico Community College Rio Rancho Campus, a new elementary school, a UNM Campus and a UNM West Regional Medical Center... And of course let us not forget the Santa Ana Star Center, All of that, 4 miles away (or less).

Old 03-01-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioGrandeFeline View Post
Pardon what may be a sweeping generalization, but my understanding is that people only move to that area because there are large houses there to be had on the cheap, as the land and location itself is not the most desirable. There are no big stores nearby, it's way out West in RR, and has a very manufactured feel to it. Flat, brown land, not many trees. Can't even see the Sandias that well.
I second what the other guy said: if you're going to live in RR or on the West end of ABQ Metro in general, live as close to the river as you can...takes on more character and "culture".

I live close to the Bosque and I'm crazy about the Bosque so I'm speaking from bias.
You sound like you have not been there, or the immediate area.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:54 PM

887 posts, read 1,206,570 times
There is a River's Edge I, River's Edge II and River's Edge III neighborhoods.
Poncho, do you have a set of, say 4, streets that would serve as borders to this general area? I'm guessing they abut one another.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threecats407 View Post
There is a River's Edge I, River's Edge II and River's Edge III neighborhoods.
Poncho, do you have a set of, say 4, streets that would serve as borders to this general area? I'm guessing they abut one another.
River's Edge I, River's Edge II and River's Edge III are separated from each other. You can not drive directly from one to the other... They are separated by arroyos.

The three are separated/bordered on the west side by NM HWY 528.

The three are separated/bordered on the east side by the Rio Grande and its associated land..

River's Edge I is the furthest south, it is bordered on the south side by Corrales Rd 448.

Look at these google maps

River's Edge I is the main neighborhood in the center of this map: https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2790.../data=!3m1!1e3

River's Edge II is the main neighborhood in the center of in this map: https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2931.../data=!3m1!1e3

River's Edge IIi is the main neighborhood in the center of in this map: https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2996.../data=!3m1!1e3

Hope that's visible. I can't find the maps I had...

Old 03-01-2017, 08:17 PM

60 posts, read 77,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
You sound like you have not been there, or the immediate area.
Last I've been there was a few years ago. It's probably evolved somewhat since.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:08 AM

887 posts, read 1,206,570 times
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
River's Edge I, River's Edge II and River's Edge III are separated from each other. You can not drive directly from one to the other... They are separated by arroyos.

The three are separated/bordered on the west side by NM HWY 528.

The three are separated/bordered on the east side by the Rio Grande and its associated land..

River's Edge I is the furthest south, it is bordered on the south side by Corrales Rd 448.

Look at these google maps

River's Edge I is the main neighborhood in the center of this map: https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2790.../data=!3m1!1e3

River's Edge II is the main neighborhood in the center of in this map: https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2931.../data=!3m1!1e3

River's Edge IIi is the main neighborhood in the center of in this map: https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2996.../data=!3m1!1e3

Hope that's visible. I can't find the maps I had...

Old 03-02-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threecats407 View Post
Thanks!
Hoped that helped. I still can't find the maps I had...

I walked my dogs down every street in River's Edge I, and part of II and a little of III when we first moved out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque