Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 09:12 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,570,296 times

Advertisements

What apartments did you call? The only ones who advertise it are City View, Candalaria Apartments, Candlewood Village, Monterra, Briarwood Park and Vassar North. AFAIK, the majority of large, developed apartment complexes in ABQ are smoking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 11:33 AM

6 posts, read 9,115 times
Commons @ Girard, Citadel and One other place I can't find in my email at the moment.

Old 02-16-2017, 11:46 PM

1 posts, read 619 times
I have smoked off and on for years.I am very against non smoking rental units and all of california is now non smoking.it is a violation of my freedom to smoke.I wonder if landlords are doing this because they dont want pot smoking in the units.I am looking for a place that will allow smoking in the rental out of state is ok anyone know of any please respond.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:17 AM

4,255 posts, read 5,909,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie_leal121315 View Post
I have smoked off and on for years.I am very against non smoking rental units and all of california is now non smoking.it is a violation of my freedom to smoke.I wonder if landlords are doing this because they dont want pot smoking in the units.I am looking for a place that will allow smoking in the rental out of state is ok anyone know of any please respond.
Landlords have every right to prevent people from smoking in their units. Most buildings are not carefully ventilated enough to prevent your smoking from affecting other tenants. I don't want to have to smell smoke when I'm in my apartment, thanks to someone else's bad habit. Additionally, smoking sometimes leaves behind long-terms odors in the unit itself. Then there is the added risk of fires starting due to careless smoking.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:48 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,337,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie_leal121315 View Post
Good question. However, I know of many people who are okay with marijuana but very strongly against cigarette smoking. I never understood this Personally I cannot stand the smell of pot.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:09 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,146,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
Good question. However, I know of many people who are okay with marijuana but very strongly against cigarette smoking. I never understood this Personally I cannot stand the smell of pot.
Perhaps I can help.

Both tobacco and marijuana smell bad before they are used.
Both tobacco and marijuana smell bad while they are being used.
Only tobacco stinks up a place near-permanently. You can be in a moderately ventilated space an hour after someone smoked marijuana in it, and have no clue.

There are any number of legitimate reasons a landlord might not want pot smoking in their property, though fumigating the place isn't one.

No one official ever explains this, so it is a common misconception among a number of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque