Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 11:50 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-note View Post
Thanks for the replies. I'll be in Albuquerque next weekend to look for an apartment. Any recommendations? I'm 32 years old and single. Most importantly, I'm looking for a nice/safe area. I have a motorcyle, don't want it to be stolen. I don't like to commute, but will do so if necessary. I'm willing to pay $800 for a one bedroom apartment. Thanks again.

Oh, I'll be working for Sandia.
Theres a lot of one bedrooms for that price. Look into Camino Real Apts, Ventana Ranch and Ventana Canyon, Eagle Ranch. Look in the NE Heights, Taylor Ranch, and Paradise Hills areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 09:36 AM

2 posts, read 5,118 times
Here is an update.

After I made this post a refund check appeared in the mail. I am very grateful that Centex was understanding to my situation and I felt obligated to let everyone know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route240W View Post
I'm sorry to say that I could never recommend ABQ to anyone. The health care system is not fit for humans. Lovelace is the WORST! So, please be very aware of this before relocating. Your life depends on it.
Also, stay away from Centex Builders. I bought a tiny piece of land in a development and gave them a $5,000 deposit. One month later for reasons out of my control I had to move out of ABQ. They refused to return my deposit back. Not even half?
I guess I had no luck in ABQ and found it not to be the "Land of Enchantment"
So beware all.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:09 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,218,659 times
Centex is a national developer you know.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:59 AM

5 posts, read 16,609 times
Smile Paradise Hills

Hello Everybody,

Hope this is not too off topic, but could someone tell me what is the zip code for Paradise Hills?

Thanks

Old 09-06-2008, 01:21 PM

87114?

Old 09-08-2008, 09:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,568 times
This looks like the catch-all thread for moving questions, so I want to hopefully get an update on some of the older posts in this thread.

I'm moving this fall to ABQ and will be working in the uptown area, near I-40 and Louisiana. However, we would love to live some place more rural, like Placitas, the northern end of Rio Rancho, or maybe in the east mountains from Sandia Park down to Ponderosa Pines.

My question is about the commute. Are things still the same, or has the interstate been upgraded since the earlier posts were made about having trouble crossing the river? Same thing for the east mountains... is traffic still bad coming in from Tijeras, and what kind of commute could I expect?

Thanks much for the help.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:10 AM

I doubt things have gotten better.

I'll let someone currently living in ABQ post-up.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:44 AM

1,633 posts, read 3,742,324 times
We were actually thinking of either moving to Enchanted Hills or somewhere in the East Mountains and we figured that the commute would probably be pretty similar in time but there would be more traffic on the EH commute (we work at UNM & Downtown). However the deciding factor for us is the size of the lots available as we have a toddler who just loves to be outside and we feel that the east mountains would be best for us. There are also the added benefits of the East Mountains being 10' cooler in the summer, having snow in the winter and the general piece and quiet of country living.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:15 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfgang View Post
However, we would love to live some place more rural, like Placitas, the northern end of Rio Rancho, or maybe in the east mountains from Sandia Park down to Ponderosa Pines.

Same thing for the east mountains... is traffic still bad coming in from Tijeras, and what kind of commute could I expect?
I would call those areas suburban or exurban. Rural would be more like North and South Valley. Rural areas in the middle Rio Grande are actually closer to the center of town than the suburban and exurban areas.

Rural= horses, cultivated fields, feed stores and produce stands.

Suburban/Exurban= housing developments on previously undeveloped land.

As far as commuting from the east mountains, I don't know of any improvements but it is not too bad (comparable to coming in from Placitas/RR) unless there is snow/ice or an accident in Tijeras Pass.

ABQConvict

Old 03-26-2009, 09:34 PM

153 posts, read 211,593 times
Default Undocumented World Travelers

Yes, Albuquerque is a Sanctuary City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque