Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2019, 11:58 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,493,524 times

Advertisements

Did you buy yourself a replacement rig, Rich Cabeza?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2019, 01:07 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,778,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
I also grew up somewhere else I didn't like as much as Albuquerque, but I don't go on that forum and constantly shove it in the faces of those people who choose to make it home, or act like I deserve some badge of courage for surviving it.
I seriously doubt you grew up in a gang neighborhood, so you really can't make a comparison.

Old 03-31-2019, 03:02 PM

1,182 posts, read 2,476,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
I seriously doubt you grew up in a gang neighborhood, so you really can't make a comparison.
Why do you keep putting other people down on this forum Do you really think you're the only person that has survived a tough childhood?

Old 03-31-2019, 04:09 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,508,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Did you buy yourself a replacement rig, Rich Cabeza?
I have to wait for day 20 then State Farm considers it gone for good. April 7 I believe. I thought I saw it today on Central turning south on 64th. Thanks for asking.

Old 03-31-2019, 10:16 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwjoyak View Post
Why do you keep putting other people down on this forum Do you really think you're the only person that has survived a tough childhood?
He does. He also thinks that if you didn't grow up surrounded by gang troubles, your Albuquerque exerience is invalid and your opinion on Albuqueruqe does not matter.

Old 03-31-2019, 11:24 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,778,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwjoyak View Post
Why do you keep putting other people down on this forum?
You seriously think I have said anything to "put people down?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
He also thinks that if you didn't grow up surrounded by gang troubles, your Albuquerque exerience is invalid and your opinion on Albuqueruqe does not matter.
Answer me something: if someone was talking about your old neighborhood in the Bronx, how great it was to live there, how there weren't any problems except for "normal" city crime which happens in every town, how this crime didn't affect the average person, you'd tell them they're full of crap, wouldn't you?

Old 04-01-2019, 09:44 AM

1,182 posts, read 2,476,597 times
Quote:
Yes. You said, "I seriously doubt you grew up in a gang neighborhood, so you really can't make a comparison."

How do you know anything about aries63's background or what they might have gone through as a child? You are questioning their judgement in knowing whether their background qualifies them to understand what you have talked about regarding growing up where you did in ABQ. In doing this, you are coming really close to implicitly saying they are lying. In my book, that definitely qualifies as putting people down.

No one has questioned your statements regarding your background, why should you question theirs? This forum survives and thrives because members are respectful of one another, and don't question other posters' honesty. We might challenge their viewpoints, and ask at times for supporting data, but C-D posters don't accuse others of lying or challenge their right to express their opinions.

Quote:
Answer me something: if someone was talking about your old neighborhood in the Bronx, how great it was to live there, how there weren't any problems except for "normal" city crime which happens in every town, how this crime didn't affect the average person, you'd tell them they're full of crap, wouldn't you?
I haven't gone back and reviewed every post today, but very few if anyone has talked about how great your old neighborhood may be now. What most if not all have said is that (1) ABQ as a whole is generally much better for crime than it used to be and (2) the chances of being a crime victim in a lot of ABQ is pretty low.

IMO, you are a near-classic case of over-projecting your experiences on others. Your posts clearly project your experiences in a part of ABQ, many years ago, to the entire area in the present day. But those of us living here today, in different locations around the urban area, know that our daily reality is not what you describe. How do you balance this reality vs what you say is the actual truth? Do you realize you are essentially calling the rest of us liars when you argue that we aren't telling the full/real story here on C-D?

I'll say it one more time - someone's chances of being a crime victim in ABQ is low, especially if they are careful about where they go, who they hang out with, and what activities they engage in. In fact, the ABQ Journal had an article today - https://www.abqjournal.com/1298419/c...abq-crime.html - about the continued improvement in crime levels over the last 3 months. Definitely a reason to be encouraged about crime trends in ABQ.

I'm going to stop arguing with you - it's just not productive - but my hope is that you might realize other viewpoints on this issue might be valid.

Old 04-01-2019, 09:52 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,758,083 times
Quote:
Yes, you have...

Yes, get over it!

You lived in ABQ, then you moved to California years ago. You are still moaning, groaning and crying about it.

ABQ does not miss you!

Quote:
I was born in the Bronx.

We lived on Simpson Street, a short walk to the El (Train Station) The Bronx, NY...

We moved away when I was young. I got over it.

My last visit to the Bronx was over 30 years ago. To visit the Bronx Zoo and some long time friends.

You are the one "full of crap"...

Once again, Get Over It!

I remember my old neighborhood's, they are a memory. I don't grieve and moan about them. I have a life... I got over it, the bad times, the hard times, etc. I have a family. I have lived in AL, AZ, FL, GA, MA, MD, NM, NY, PA, SC, TX and about 5+ years in 3+ foreign countries.

I put you on "Ignore", a great (but not perfect) feature on the City-Data forum...

Old 04-01-2019, 10:22 AM

137 posts, read 134,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
I put you on "Ignore", a great (but not perfect) feature on the City-Data forum...
I think everyone in this thread could benefit from using this feature because the back and forth isn't productive at all. 80skeys has his thoughts and everyone has their own thoughts on Albuquerque. You're not all going to agree because your experiences aren't going to be the same so everyone should probably just agree to disagree, ignore, and move on. No sense in expending anymore energy on this circular argument

Old 04-01-2019, 10:33 AM

5,029 posts, read 7,409,636 times
https://www.krqe.com/news/crime/albu...019/1891014751

March 31, 2019

Albuquerque crime is steadily decreasing in 2019

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - It's relieving numbers for people who live in Albuquerque. City officials say crime continues to fall, for the most part.

"Up until 2018, we were going the wrong direction with respect to almost every crime statistic," says Mayor Tim Keller.

It's a major turnaround, according to Mayor Keller and Albuquerque Police Chief, Michael Geier. "It's a little difficult challenge in this society today with the issues we face, but we did make a little bit of a decrease and this is one of our focuses as we're moving into 2019," says Chief Geier.

City officials released crime stats for the year's first quarter. Compared to the same time period in 2018, robberies are down 21%, homicides have dropped 24%, and auto-related crimes dropped significantly.

"Auto theft is down 26%. That's a 39% decrease since 2017. Auto burglary is down 28%. That is a 44% decrease since 2017," says Mayor Keller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque