Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:43 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,669,447 times

Advertisements

Hi All-

Even though I had to vote for El Paso (sorry...regular posters here know my passion for the Albuquerque area too and my regular endorsements of living there), I wanted to give you all a heads up on a fun poll that was started on the General US forums for the best city in the US:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/gener...southwest.html

You can go vote / support Albuquerque in it, or any city you'd like!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 12:30 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,979,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post

When you add up the numbers for Albuq, SF and LC, it looks like NM is holding up pretty well!

Old 01-09-2008, 12:32 PM

811 posts, read 2,932,143 times
Quote:
Hi All-

Even though I had to vote for El Paso (sorry...regular posters here know my passion for the Albuquerque area too and my regular endorsements of living there), I wanted to give you all a heads up on a fun poll that was started on the General US forums for the best city in the US:

That was backhanded!!!!
LOL...just kidding!!

Old 01-09-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observe View Post
That was backhanded!!!!
LOL...just kidding!!
Nah!....You guys know that I love Albuquerque!

Yes, I just am one of the odd balls that actually loves BOTH El Paso and Albuquerque. I know that is almost like someone loving Republicans and Democrats both...very rare...but I am admittedly the odd ball!

Overall, I would take El Paso, but you guys know that for me, that is like choosing between green chile chicken enchiladas or sopapillas with honey - you cannot go wrong with either!! Both are great.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
When you add up the numbers for Albuq, SF and LC, it looks like NM is holding up pretty well!
And I know the border doesn't say it, but I still maintain El Paso should be considered more of a New Mexican city than a Texas one. EP has so much more in common with Las Cruces, Albuquerque, etc., than it does, say, Houston or Austin or Fort Worth!

But yes, VIVA NM!!

Old 01-09-2008, 03:07 PM

710 posts, read 2,953,265 times
Quote:
And I know the border doesn't say it, but I still maintain El Paso should be considered more of a New Mexican city than a Texas one. EP has so much more in common with Las Cruces, Albuquerque, etc., than it does, say, Houston or Austin or Fort Worth!

Agreed, but you will never hear someone from El Paso admit they have more in common with NM than TX. They are proud Texans, just like someone from Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Midland, or where ever. But when you talk to someone in Clovis or Hobbs, they definitely feel a stronger connection with Texas.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finmqa1 View Post
Agreed, but you will never hear someone from El Paso admit they have more in common with NM than TX. They are proud Texans, just like someone from Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Midland, or where ever. But when you talk to someone in Clovis or Hobbs, they definitely feel a stronger connection with Texas.
Good observation, very true finmqa1, although I will say I have heard many El Pasoans, while proud to be a part of Texas, sometimes admit that they'd prefer being a part of NM, because they feel they generally get the shaft from Austin (in terms of state dollars, etc.) or recognition in Texas. Whereas, if they were in New Mexico, they would get a ton more of priority and recognition, etc.

But it is true...EPoans overall are very proud of being Texans.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:39 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,901,074 times
Yeah, I mention that I felt El Paso was more New Mexican than Texan and got attacked.

On the poll, Albuquerque right now is ranked number 1, and Santa Fe #2

Old 01-10-2008, 09:03 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,500,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqsunport View Post
Yeah, I mention that I felt El Paso was more New Mexican than Texan and got attacked.
Thats bummed !! who did that.....I agree that most in EP feel very tied to Las Cruces and Visa Versa....

Even all 3 of El Paso tv stations (abc,nbc,cbs) say ''El Paso/Las Cruces'' on them.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Even all 3 of El Paso tv stations (abc,nbc,cbs) say ''El Paso/Las Cruces'' on them.
Yeah, in those same newscasts they'll give the weather for places like Ruidoso, TorC, Deming, etc., all the way up through Albuquerque.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque