Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 10:58 AM

1,043 posts, read 1,452,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraPAC View Post
What about that place that just opened again on Girard and Indian School, used to be called the Blue Dragon? I'm not sure what it's called not but it seems the perfect place to hang out and do homework!
It's already closed again, unfortunately...they were only open again for a few months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 04:05 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,061,261 times
http://www.bizjournals.com/albuquerq...s-new-nob.html

Old 11-06-2015, 09:57 AM

1,663 posts, read 3,700,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraPAC View Post
What about that place that just opened again on Girard and Indian School, used to be called the Blue Dragon? I'm not sure what it's called not but it seems the perfect place to hang out and do homework!
It's called Witch's Brew now or something to that effect. The last time I drove by it didn't look open.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:11 AM

1,043 posts, read 1,452,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkymonkey View Post
It's called Witch's Brew now or something to that effect. The last time I drove by it didn't look open.
Yeah, it was the Witch's Brew. The new owners gave it a couple months and then apparently got tired of making necessary improvements to the space and decided to close. A pity - the Blue Dragon did well for years in that space and I think the neighborhood would welcome it.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:55 PM

131 posts, read 185,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Cabeza View Post
You could, or I could for that matter, write a book about being in the Frontier while being in the Frontier.
Haha, very true...actually, my book is a weird semi-memoir, so I could try to work it in somehow!

(And now I have a craving for sweet rolls...)

Old 11-06-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMHacker View Post
You can certainly attend UNM for a Fine Arts degree in Photography. UNM program is considered one of the best in the country. Best Photography Programs | Top Fine Arts Schools | US News Best Graduate Schools

If a degree is not in your cards, look at UNM's Continuing Education program for a certificate.

Digital Photography & Filmmaking | UNM Continuing Education

Or even just personal enrichment

Photography Classes | UNM Continuing Education

Though the classes for 2016 won't be posted till 11/30.
Thanks very much for this. I also found out about a camera club here, and it looks like another good place to start. This feels more like home than the place I lived for 10 years

Old 11-06-2015, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Whataburger is open 24 hours, just noticed that at 3 am a few days ago at the one on Alameda Blvd,Hwy 528.... (Not to be confused with LottaBurger). I've had a few small meetings with friends.
Oh, good to know...they probably wouldn't be too happy that I'm a vegetarian, though. (I know, no beer or meat...I still manage to have fun somehow.)

Old 11-08-2015, 11:47 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,286,950 times
Is there meat in beer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by havecamerawilltravel View Post
Oh, good to know...they probably wouldn't be too happy that I'm a vegetarian, though. (I know, no beer or meat...I still manage to have fun somehow.)

Old 11-08-2015, 11:48 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,286,950 times
There's also a lot o resources for traditional "wet" photography in northern NM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havecamerawilltravel View Post
Thanks very much for this. I also found out about a camera club here, and it looks like another good place to start. This feels more like home than the place I lived for 10 years

Old 11-09-2015, 06:46 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Is there meat in beer?
Isinglass (fish collagen) and gelatin are used in the beer making process.

Technically they do not remain in the finished product so it would be more an issue for vegans who would object to the use of the animal product than for the vegetarian who usually objects only to the consumption of the animal product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque