U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2008, 01:01 PM

295 posts, read 1,007,312 times

Advertisements

My bf and I suffer from too many migraines here in the Gem City (Dayton, OH). We seem to get the headaches when there are extreme weather changes. I often get a migraine before a storm. Sperling's Best Places lists migraine "hot spots." They have Cincinnati at the top of the list, and Dayton down to about 24. ABQ is not on this list. I think I have seen lists where ABQ is a pretty good place in terms of migraines. Does anybody have any experience with this? I know that I will still get migraines in ABQ, I'm just hoping that I won't get them as often.

Here is the list: Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 03-06-2008 at 06:54 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 08:34 PM

1,419 posts, read 4,287,122 times
To be honest, I have no idea...but I don't here very many complaints about migranes.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:39 AM

5,549 posts, read 13,843,208 times
I had an idea to let your fingers do the walking and just call a doctor's office and axe them about stuff like migranes.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:08 AM

295 posts, read 1,007,312 times
Yeah, I could do that. We'll be there soon anyway, so I guess I'll find out on my own.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:09 AM

5,549 posts, read 13,843,208 times
Summers tend to be day after day under a high pressure system. I assume it is the change in pressure that gets you rather than the absolute pressure (high or low).

Summer rains in Dayton tend to come from systems moving in and making the pressure plunge. Summer monsoons here pop up and fade away under the same High, but I don't know if the sudden cooling effect of the rain would have any effect.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:37 PM

416 posts, read 1,228,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penelopelp View Post
My bf and I suffer from too many migraines here in the Gem City (Dayton, OH). We seem to get the headaches when there are extreme weather changes. I often get a migraine before a storm. Sperling's Best Places lists migraine "hot spots." They have Cincinnati at the top of the list, and Dayton down to about 24. ABQ is not on this list. I think I have seen lists where ABQ is a pretty good place in terms of migraines. Does anybody have any experience with this? I know that I will still get migraines in ABQ, I'm just hoping that I won't get them as often.

Here is the list: Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed
I'm not sure if this helps or not, but our 7 year old has had NO migraines since moving to Rio Rancho! You have no idea how happy that makes me!

Last edited by Yac; 03-06-2008 at 06:54 AM..

Old 02-22-2008, 04:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,518 times
Have you tried eliminating MSG from your diet? Also sometimes called hydrolyzed vegetable protein. This is common in many canned foods and soups. Trying to avoid MSG ended my migraine attacks. Don't think that Albuquerque played any part in this.

There is an interesting article, "What's Triggering your Migraine?", on the npr.org web site.

Last edited by deafpete; 02-22-2008 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: I obtained additional information.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:36 PM

51 posts, read 176,816 times
I also suffer from migraines. My experience in ABQ is that I definitely had fewer while living in ABQ. We moved back east to NJ and now I get them all the time, usually with changes in air pressure. There are other causes too which I try to avoid such as too many carbs, lack of sleep etc, but I definitely get more headaches here than in NM.

Years ago when I was in NM, my wife and I moved east for about 6 months. I had more migraines then, than any other time in my life. I went to the doctor and he said that the weather was likely a major cause of my headaches.

Best of luck with your Migraines in ABQ!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or