Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 08:18 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,299,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbqTeacher View Post
By "U-Mountain" are you talking about what I know of as Supper Rock? Kinda looks like a small volcano with a rock top? Also, I've got pictures of the "waterfall" when it actually had a decent stream flowing through it. I'll have to see if I can find it...

Sorry, I didn't realize homesickness was contagious
I believe so. Thought I never heard of it called Supper Rock. Thought Supper Rock Park is right by there.

We called it "U Mountain" because it used to have a big white U on it.

I'd love to see that picture. But you're probably talking about 'The Other Waterfall'. I'm talking about the one at the top of Copper/Indian School behind Supper Rock/U Mountain. Then there is 'The Other Waterfall' which is much bigger and at Menaul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 05:53 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,299,154 times
That's my U-Mountain and Waterfall

Old 03-28-2010, 06:36 PM

19 posts, read 47,407 times
Thumbs up Albuquerque Photo Blog

Here's a blog with daily photos of ABQ... just thought I'd share for those who haven't already come upon this!

Albuquerque Daily Photo

Old 03-31-2010, 04:11 PM

19 posts, read 47,407 times
Default Colorful buildings

where is this photo from?

Weekly Alibi

Old 04-03-2010, 07:51 PM

995 posts, read 2,727,341 times
Default Just a few.

The rest I'm keeping for myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Albuquerque Metro Photo Thread-pot.jpg   Albuquerque Metro Photo Thread-sandia.jpg   Albuquerque Metro Photo Thread-skeltons.jpg   Albuquerque Metro Photo Thread-street-sign.jpg   Albuquerque Metro Photo Thread-church.jpg  

Old 04-24-2010, 07:24 PM

19 posts, read 51,593 times
wow....all of these make me look forward even more to coming to UNM in the fall as a grad student. And, I'm not ashamed to admit it, I'm EXTREMELY you guys have a Taco Cabana, or as we call it in San Antonio, Taco C. The original Taco C is 5 blocks from my college and I have great memories of the place. But I'm also looking forward to discovering the true difference between New Mexican cuisine and Tex-Mex!

Old 04-26-2010, 09:57 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,871,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntledpainter View Post
wow....all of these make me look forward even more to coming to UNM in the fall as a grad student. And, I'm not ashamed to admit it, I'm EXTREMELY you guys have a Taco Cabana, or as we call it in San Antonio, Taco C. The original Taco C is 5 blocks from my college and I have great memories of the place. But I'm also looking forward to discovering the true difference between New Mexican cuisine and Tex-Mex!
Good luck on that one, LOL!!

San Antonio has fantastic Tex-Mex (and probably some (more or less) interior Mexican food places, too, as does Austin) places.

It's one of the things I miss the most about Texas. I got vastly better Mexican/New Mexican/Tex-Mex food last week in Durango, CO than I ever have in New Mexico, especially here (Alamogordo), where the food is mostly a generic, bland mess. Even one semi-fast food place there (Tacos Nayarit) had better food than what I can get here.

Too bad the tourist-trappy places tend to have the best restaurants, but I have found that to be true in both Durango and Ruidoso. I asked for a hotter sauce at three places, and all were very accomodating--one to the point where my eyes were watering/nose running. Besides the salsa, the food tasted good without it, too!

It all often tends to run together in some restaurants, too. After all, Tex-Mex, New Mexican and interior Mexican all share the same roots to an extent. Add to that the fact that there are some real regional differences among all three! It's all fun to try, and I love 'em all!

But I haven't eaten at any of the restaurants in ABQ in a very long time, and I imagine there are some excellent ones there. You'll find them over time, I'm sure!

Old 04-26-2010, 08:10 PM

361 posts, read 1,092,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Good luck on that one, LOL!!

But I haven't eaten at any of the restaurants in ABQ in a very long time, and I imagine there are some excellent ones there. You'll find them over time, I'm sure!
I think you've been missing out then, because Albuquerque and Santa Fe have some fantastic New Mexican food. It's different than Tex-Mex and Mexican - it's not the same as the stuff you find in many parts of Texas.

You outta try one of the great places like The Shed in Santa Fe, or Sadies in Albuquerque. IMO those are a good start to get a better idea what New Mexico food is really about. It's definetly NOT Tex-Mex!

For some eclectic New Mexico food try the pumpkin posole and white wine sangria at the Plaza Cafe in Santa Fe. Mmmmm!!!!

Old 04-27-2010, 07:59 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,871,509 times
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll definitely explore the options at some point!

Pumpkin posole? Sounds like some of the New Age chefs have been experimenting, which they tend to do, LOL!!

I love good food in all its forms--I just don't find it here in Alamo very often.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:32 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,750,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelazyone View Post
The rest I'm keeping for myself.
Ah! You found Sandia Mountain! Good shot!

Rich
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque