Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 02:31 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times

Advertisements

Re: Coffee culture in Burque.

While I can't speak to chap's experience, There are about nine or so coffee shops within a 1-1.5 mile walk of my house and only four of them are Starbucks. :-)

ABQConvict
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 02:39 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,515 times
Portland is much hipper than Albuquerque but from what I've read over the years the economy is bad and cost of living has gone way up. If you go to the Portland board there always seems to be a thread about "getting out of Portland". I haven't been there in years so things must have changed. Albuquerque is more relaxed and laid back and the weather and overall scenery is much nicer. However, Albuqueruqe is not a young town, it is more a place for either college kids, established families or retirees. This can make for a boring social scene. It all depends on what's most important to you. When I was younger I thought Portland was really it. Now that I'm older though I dislike certain aspects of Albuquerque I think it is the place I would pick, mostly due to the weather and the fact that it does seem to be changing and in ten years might be one of those places others are discovering like Portland was a decade ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque