Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2008, 05:49 PM

51 posts, read 200,435 times

Advertisements

I was wondering what your opinions were on the current housing market in ABQ. When I sold my house there 6 years ago, it was a buyers market with a glut of houses on the market. It was tough to sell without losing money for many people and I felt lucky to walk away making even just a little.
Since that time, I have seen housing prices increase significantly in the ABQ metro area.
My question is, is it still a buyers market in ABQ? Is the market staying strong as the past few years or is it typical of most of the country with falling home values.
This could work both ways for me. I am going to have a very difficult time selling my house here in NJ without losing my shirt. However, I am hoping that once I sell here, I can find a good deal in ABQ if the housing market is still soft and it remains a buyers market there. A good deal in ABQ could soften the blow of selling here on the east coast.
Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 07:23 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,916,085 times
Albuquerque considered largely a buyers makert at the moment. That being said, House Prices are still significantly higher than they were 5 years ago.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:57 PM

286 posts, read 1,321,892 times
Housing prices are higher than 5-6 years ago, but I have seen a drop in prices in the last year in some areas. Probably the one area that seems not to have had as much of a drop is the NE Heights. As most posters (and even you said), it's the area to be in. There are about 6,000 listings in MLS, so there are a number of properties on the market - great for buyers as far as availability. Plus, spring is just around the corner and a lot of sellers do wait to list in the spring. I'd say based on where you're coming from, you'll still find ABQ affordable.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:34 AM

116 posts, read 471,851 times
Definately a buyers market...we've had a hoouse listed since Nov with virtually no interest. Realtor says houses are now 9-10 months on average on the market.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:35 AM

116 posts, read 471,851 times
Forgot to mention...mom has a house in Taylor Ranch and when she got home from work yesterday she had a flyer in her door from someone in the neighborhood selling their home. It offered $1000 upon closing to anyone who sent a buyer their way. people are desperate and getting creative.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:18 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,995,941 times
Default albuq market

The market slowed down some in mid-late 2007. It's a buyers market at the moment, but not nearly as bad as some other areas in the country. I think they're calling for improvement in this market in the 3rd or 4th quarter of '08.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:38 AM

4 posts, read 14,081 times
I wonder if the housing market in ABQ has adopted the "house trading" phenom yet? We are looking to relocate from the chicago area to ABQ and are looking for local vehicles to connect with folks. If there is interest, I can start a separate thread here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque