Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 02:14 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times

Advertisements

University of New Mexico Off-Campus Housing List: https://och.unm.edu/list.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 06:49 AM

134 posts, read 188,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
University of New Mexico Off-Campus Housing List: https://och.unm.edu/list.php
Great stuff, thank you!!

Old 05-26-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrye View Post
For adobes to rent:
Cimino Compound-Rio Grande/Griegos
Off 4th St, Los Terrones in Los Ranchos
These are 2 that sometimes have rentals but they usually just post a sign out front
Thank you, great intel!!

Old 05-28-2017, 11:30 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonrs View Post
You've been looking for 6 months?? Wow, ok, I'm surprised given what others have said. It's never taken me more than a month to find a rental ever, and I've rented in London UK, New York, San Francisco and Atlanta GA!

I've started looking online already to see whats out there and when I punch in our criteria I get literally hundreds of results, a good many of which look great just scrolling through the pics. In fact I'm amazed at how many places are more house than we need and under our budget.

I wonder if we have major differences in personal needs, budget etc?

We don't have pets and have a decent budget for a place, but we are looking for something extra nice and are picky. Your post has me a little concerned. Anyone else got an opinion on how competitive ABQ is right now for rentals?

[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]
I wouldn't go by pictures if I were you. A lot of rentals post pictures that are YEARS old and have no resemblance to how the place or neighborhood looks now.

Also check crime stats. It's jumped significantly in the past year or so. And this is from someone who used to scoff at the OMG Crime Is Bad threads here.

Old 05-29-2017, 01:26 PM

78 posts, read 87,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
I wouldn't go by pictures if I were you. A lot of rentals post pictures that are YEARS old and have no resemblance to how the place or neighborhood looks now.

Also check crime stats. It's jumped significantly in the past year or so. And this is from someone who used to scoff at the OMG Crime Is Bad threads here.
I have to concur. As I am knee-deep in my hunt, I have noticed a significant disconnect between online photos and the actual property. I always look at what Google earth and maps show as well, but nothing replaces seeing it in person. Sometimes this is due to the current tenant running the place down so the landlord posts the best pics they have, which maybe years out of date.

Old 06-04-2017, 03:21 PM

All great insights, thank you!

Old 06-10-2017, 11:26 AM

688 posts, read 1,100,954 times
Craigslist is the best source. Even realtors list houses on craigslist.

Also cross check an area for crime stats by looking at crimemapping dot com...this will be an eye opener.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:14 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
I have a friend, a single mother, who house hops a lot; once every couple of years, mainly because she is a restless soul and a residential architecture fan and a decorator. (She also buys/sells furniture every time she moves!)

She has particular requirements, she only likes pre-war pueblo revival, Queen Anne/Victorian, and mid-century modern, she must have 3-bdrms, and she has a very low max rental price at >$1,000/mo. She rarely looks for more than a month or two from the beginning of her search to move-in day, and most of her houses are in the University Heights, Nob Hill, EDo, and Ridgecrest/Fringecrest areas.

Based on that anecdote and my own experience as a landlord in the University Heights area, I think it should not be too hard to find a suitable rental. Six months seems like an unreasonable amount of time.

Old 06-16-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I have a friend, a single mother, who house hops a lot; once every couple of years, mainly because she is a restless soul and a residential architecture fan and a decorator. (She also buys/sells furniture every time she moves!)

She has particular requirements, she only likes pre-war pueblo revival, Queen Anne/Victorian, and mid-century modern, she must have 3-bdrms, and she has a very low max rental price at >$1,000/mo. She rarely looks for more than a month or two from the beginning of her search to move-in day, and most of her houses are in the University Heights, Nob Hill, EDo, and Ridgecrest/Fringecrest areas.

Based on that anecdote and my own experience as a landlord in the University Heights area, I think it should not be too hard to find a suitable rental. Six months seems like an unreasonable amount of time.
That's very encouraging! I can identify with her enjoyment of interesting housing types: I'd be delighted with MCM or Pueblo Revival, and even a recently built fauxdobe is ok with me. Ok, I like her budget too and 3 beds would be perfect for us as we need spare rooms for home office, hobbies etc. Lets hope we can ride the same wave of housing karma that she is! Ha ha maybe I could pay her to find us a place! jk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque