Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 11:38 AM

7,302 posts, read 12,219,132 times

Advertisements

While I no longer live in the Albuquerque area, I was wondering, for curiosity, for those who live in the Albuquerque area, what shipping carrier does Amazon mostly use for your Prime orders?

When I had the free trial with Prime when I lived in Albuquerque I mostly got UPS.

With my current paid Prime membership where I live now, I usually get the Amazon+USPS last mile service, where Amazon's linehaul network transports the package from their fulfillment center to our local post office and the USPS makes the last mile delivery. We do occasionally get UPS and OnTrac, and got FedEx once.

As far as I know Amazon Logistics (the contracted delivery service using the white vans with the Amazon logo) does not exist in Albuquerque. While we do have those vans in the Phoenix area our address is outside their delivery range which is why we don't get them for our orders.

I wonder if anything has changed ever since I have moved out of Albuquerque. I know that Amazon over the years has become less dependent on UPS and FedEx and more dependent on USPS and Amazon Logistics; I wonder if this is the case in Albuquerque.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 11:46 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,534,465 times
My wife and dog(s) say UPS...

Old 05-12-2017, 12:03 PM

1,663 posts, read 3,685,037 times
It's mostly UPS. There was a while where they used FedEx quite a bit, but have switched back to UPS unfortunately.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:09 PM

If my theory is correct, cities that are in proximity to Amazon fulfillment or sortation centers are more likely to use USPS (actually Amazon+USPS) or Amazon Logistics for Prime orders, while cities that are further away will more likely use UPS or FedEx is what I am guessing. We have both fulfillment and sortation centers in the Phoenix area, so it makes sense that we would get most of our orders using the Amazon+USPS shipping method.

As a side question, which fulfillment center do most orders come out of for most orders going to Albuquerque? Obviously since I live in the Phoenix area most of our orders come from one of our local fulfillment centers, however, we do get quite a bit from the fulfillment centers in Southern California as well.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:06 PM

4,819 posts, read 4,723,733 times
Here in Placitas, my guess is 2-1 UPS-USPS. Sometimes, if it's only one or two smaller items they are generally last delivered by USPS.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:45 PM

312 posts, read 274,836 times
UPS here in ABQ. In L.A., I mostly got USPS in recent years. Better off with UPS, they have been golden so far.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:09 PM

I wonder, does Amazon offer Sunday delivery in the Albuquerque area? That is only via USPS or Amazon Logistics as far as I know.

Old 05-12-2017, 07:04 PM

1,663 posts, read 3,685,037 times
I've got some Sunday packages from Amazon, USPS.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:43 PM

I asked this in one of my posts in this thread, but was apparently missed: which fulfillment centers do Albuquerque-bound Amazon items normally ship out of? Since I live in the Phoenix area we get most of ours from one of the Phoenix-area fulfillment centers, however, a significant portion comes from the fulfillment centers in Southern California as well.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:37 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,144,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I asked this in one of my posts in this thread, but was apparently missed: which fulfillment centers do Albuquerque-bound Amazon items normally ship out of? Since I live in the Phoenix area we get most of ours from one of the Phoenix-area fulfillment centers, however, a significant portion comes from the fulfillment centers in Southern California as well.
Almost without fail for ground stuff, PHX.
A fair amount of airfreight comes from Amazon centers near Louisville, KY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque