U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 08:55 AM

13,014 posts, read 24,172,251 times

Advertisements

I just read about the district court approving for Mayor Chasvez to run for Mayor for a 3rd term. Is this good or bad etc....

My thoughts are that i believe he's doing a decient job in running the city and could possibly vote for him again but.......i hate his Red Lite Cameras and his Pet Ordinance and other heavy handed government issues as he himself has complained about Prez Bush being the same way (Go Figure?).

Who is going to run besides him again ???

Anyway whoever runs i want to see some bold inititives ideas like an Arena, Amusement Park (Six Flags or Busch Gardens type) Western Loop Freeway or make Central Ave. a true tourist centerpiece that showcases Route 66 from Tramway all the way to 98th st. as Central is just crap except thru Nob Hill/UNM area etc...

Anyway thats my thoughts ......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 09:50 AM

145 posts, read 311,444 times
Amazing. I cant believe that thief and hack could get elected dog catcher.
Anyone who puts in red light cameras and says its for safety is a lying sack of

oh well you know what I mean. Didn't he also greatly expand parking meters?
All his new blather about a green city. whoa he haha. what a load. Maybe his idea of green is me driving my fluorescent bulbs to south valley dump.Several other cities of this size have natural gas public transportation instead of fume belching diesel. Didn't he come up with a scheme to have people put native plants on their roofs? Oh thats practical, lets structurally upgrade all the old homes. How bout grants to insulate old homes. maybe a little more practical. But I ramble on.

Maybe someone can tell me about his really good accomplishments for ABQ.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:45 PM

2,571 posts, read 5,160,632 times
I'd like to find an article that states WHY the court said the limits were unconstitutional. All I can find on the internet are the puff pieces saying he can run again.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:50 PM

295 posts, read 724,420 times
I think I read in the Journal that the New Mexico constitution prohibits term limits. So, the cities can't enforce something that goes against State law.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:55 PM

295 posts, read 724,420 times
I'll try to find the link. I can't get the Journal to load right now.

I want to know about this ex-wife of his? I heard she was thinking of running for mayor. What's the story behind that? Is she already in politics?

Old 04-01-2008, 11:56 PM

2,571 posts, read 5,160,632 times
Wow. Can you imagine the mud slinging if your ex-spouse were to run against you?

Old 04-02-2008, 01:48 AM

4,580 posts, read 9,550,314 times
All I know is if he runs again,he's not getting my vote.
Its time this city try something different.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:58 AM

17 posts, read 29,153 times
I like chavez I think he has done alot for ABQ he wants to make sure folks have a job (economy growth with jobs) within in the city, but yet not ruin NMs resources also.....

Old 04-02-2008, 03:04 PM

13,014 posts, read 24,172,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ_semi_lover View Post
I like chavez I think he has done alot for ABQ he wants to make sure folks have a job (economy growth with jobs) within in the city, but yet not ruin NMs resources also.....
Yeap i think his early 1st part he did good as i agreed with Paseo Extention and the Montano Bridge widening project and pushing for streets and jobs on the west side.

His second half he got off that message and went after the citizens of Big Brother which most like me are unhappy, He's complained about Bush being Big Brother so i'm confused how he can act the same way but on the city level.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:12 AM

33,592 posts, read 28,719,976 times
Bribes from the stoplite camera companies? or just the increase fines into the city treasury. Either way it is for money not safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque