Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 09:39 PM

332 posts, read 1,119,914 times

Advertisements

This is awesome news - I'm glad you found someone ABQNow, I will be trying them out, too. I recently landed a job and the house we have an offer on is near Wyoming, but somewhat south of Montgomery. Glad you got there first and scouted! I'll let you know how it goes, we're moving July 28th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 07:28 PM

12 posts, read 36,807 times
Default Hairstylist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrendSetter View Post
Thank you so much!!! It's so hard to find good stylists, especially when a relaxer is involved. We've been looking at Rio Rancho lately and I told my husband that although we love the area from what we've seen of it so far, the lack of a good salon could be a deal breaker.
Hello saw your post and have just moved from maryland, I live close to Rio Rancho and I am a black stylist was wondering did you ever find a salon in that area...I m looking for a place to work?

Old 04-29-2009, 07:39 PM

8 posts, read 90,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaela1 View Post
Hello saw your post and have just moved from maryland, I live close to Rio Rancho and I am a black stylist was wondering did you ever find a salon in that area...I m looking for a place to work?
Welcome to ABQ!
The salon that I've been going to is Anointed Hands on 4200 Wyoming Blvd. NE (near Montgomery Blvd); phone is 505-292-5707. It's owned and operated by Dennis and Thomasine Hubbard. Give them a call. Good Luck!

Old 11-27-2010, 08:09 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,758,083 times
From the Terms Of Service:

Quote:
Recommendations are allowed for posters that have at least 10 posts. One cannot recommend himself/herself. The only area where recommendations are not permitted is real estate, however general responses, such as "we have many helpful and knowledgeable real estate agents on this forum - just DM them" are fine.
http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-02-2012, 02:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,753 times
how much did it cost to get your hair done? also can they do high lights there?

Old 08-12-2012, 03:27 AM

4 posts, read 5,587 times
Call Nina at Lorenco's Salon ( I believe it is on San Mateo/Lomas). Nice salon. I have seen Nina's work through the years and she does a beautiful job. I know that she is booked out for a long time, so you may have to wait a few weeks to get an appt.

Old 05-29-2016, 09:57 AM

2 posts, read 1,524 times
I've been in ABQ for about 5 months now and I'm in need of a good hairstylist. I'm African American and have short hair. I've tried Lorenco's and didn't have a good experience. Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 06-01-2016, 05:19 PM

83 posts, read 122,006 times
You might want to try Kamaria Creations (www.facebook.com/kamariacreations - Home). She's not a brilliant stylist or anything, but she uses good products and if you take in a picture of what you want, she'll try to match it.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:46 PM

2 posts, read 1,524 times
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque