U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 04-30-2008, 09:22 PM

1,438 posts, read 2,766,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Ahh, my friends and I refer to that as the "Jabba the Hutt house". Frankly, it looks like it is going to fall off that perch someday soon; or a giant boulder is going to come down the slope at it. It also has a perilously steep driveway but I suppose a house like that has a heated driveway so you can use it in winter.

ABQConvict
Ironically, I know the owner of that house...
Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-30-2008, 09:45 PM

295 posts, read 667,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqsunport View Post
The moral of the story I learned was that these Northeast Heights homes are so unused to guns and violence that they turned nothing into a swat situation.
I agree. This really shows the differences between what goes on at the two different schools in two different parts of town.

Unread 05-01-2008, 03:41 AM

793 posts, read 1,026,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raysgal View Post
At this point all we really want is a decent home in a safe neighborhood. Housing prices in Albuquerque are reasonable by nationwide standards, but we're coming from one of the least expensive markets in the country so to us they seem a bit scary.
One thing to consider though is that Albuquerque property taxes are probably a lot lower than where you're coming from in Texas, so you should be able to afford a higher priced house than in TX.

Unread 05-01-2008, 10:48 AM

821 posts, read 2,318,302 times
Chas,

Great article thanks for the link.

Unread 05-01-2008, 08:12 PM

6 posts, read 8,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
It's worth what it's worth and it's worth what the comps are worth.
It's not worth what you want out of it or what your mortgage is, etc.
Thanks for the reminder--I know you are right. I am not really too worried as my house is in a much sought after area of town where there is not much turnover. Mine is the only one for sale in my whole neighborhood right now.

Unread 05-01-2008, 08:13 PM

6 posts, read 8,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkymonkey View Post
One thing to consider though is that Albuquerque property taxes are probably a lot lower than where you're coming from in Texas, so you should be able to afford a higher priced house than in TX.
Now that is really good news! And something that I honestly had not thought about before. Thank you.

Unread 05-01-2008, 08:37 PM

1,438 posts, read 2,766,925 times
Yes, but even though our property taxes are much lower, New Mexico has an income tax, where as Texas does not. I have always found that these two factors cancel out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque