U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-03-2008, 09:36 AM

384 posts, read 754,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
Is this an appropriate spot for the out-of-town wannabe to give a quick RIP to that which was Raley's in ABQ?
The Raley's on Paseo and Ventura was a great store. It is now an Albertson's. While it retained the same look and feel, and many of the same employees, there is already a difference. It was just friendlier when it was Raley's. Also, they had a better meat counter. Albertson's is now selling the some of the nitrogen-packed stuff. Uggh!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 03:30 PM

3,058 posts, read 7,914,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
John Brooks sells the Shur Fine and Shur Savings Generic Brands..
You know, if 4+ years in ABQ, I am ashamed to say that I never patronized a John Brooks. That is competely my shortcoming.

Given this news, especially given the lack of Raley's now and the news of Shur Fine / Savings at JB's, if I am successful at making it back to the Duke City, I will be checking out JB's!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
"When Shur Fine is too fine, Shur Savings."

Wish I could collect some royalties for that jingle,
I am with you on Shur Savings. Heck, if any store up here in the frozen mid-upper north (44 degree at 4:30pm on May 3...and that isn't even too bad for here! ) sold Shur Savings, I will be all over those yellow boxes/cans!!

Old 05-03-2008, 05:02 PM

2,459 posts, read 4,955,653 times
Don't feel bad, EnjoyEP. Many years ago I decided to move from Dallas to "home", where my mom lives. I realized how bad I hated living in my "hometown" when I noticed that I was rushing home in time for "Dallas" so I could watch the skyline scenes in the opening credits and was spending more time figuring out where in town the episode was filmed than what the characters were up to.

Dang. This thread has me wanting to go browse in Trader Joe's, crowd or not.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:47 PM

3,058 posts, read 7,914,580 times
Great story Yukon!! Thanks for sharing...it made me feel better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque