Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 11:40 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,060,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
I think that's due to decreasing demand in those states, so they have to start opening up more. New Mexico still ranks first in the nation in percentage of residents vaccinated. I think once we start to see a decline in demand, then requirements will be loosened.

According to NBC's vaccination tracker, percent of fully vaccinated people by state as of today:

New Mexico, 22.8%
Texas, 12.7%
Oklahoma, 17.1%
Colorado, 16.8%
Utah, 10.9%
Arizona, 16.2%
I agree. Look I am not a big fan of MLG handling of the lockdowns. I agree with them in theory and also agree with mask mandates in close contact public settings, but there are certain things that just don't make any sense. Like mask mandates when out in public at all times. Look, I walk my dogs 2 to 3 times a day. Have been doing it since last March. Not one time have I come in contact with someone else within 30' of me. I take a mask just in case, yet have never had to use it while walking the dogs. Another example is the closing state parks to camping. Camping is considered one of the safer activities that can be done, but she shut down the state parks. Creating more use of National Parks and BLM land and forcing people to the same areas.

That being said, we should be vaccinating the most vulnerable first. Healthy 16-40 year olds should not be in front of 75 year olds, unless a first responder or health professional. The state has done a decent job at getting to them first, opening it up to all others doesn't make sense unless all those that are most venerable are covered first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2021, 12:42 PM

102,194 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Well, I just got a notification from the DOH today, about a vaccination "event" I could register for. (This was my 4th notification. I saw the other ones too late to catch a spot.) I went through the steps, and the location came up as....not in a neighborhood near me, not even in my town (Santa Fe), but way over in Clovis! Why would they send me a notification about vaccinations going on in Clovis? Does anyone have a clue?

Now I'm wondering where the locations were, for the notifications I'd missed. Maybe they weren't in Santa Fe or anywhere nearby, either.

This isn't making sense to me. But in case anyone's wondering, there are openings in Clovis as of 12:40 today (Wed.), fwiw.

Old 03-31-2021, 05:27 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,382,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, I just got a notification from the DOH today, about a vaccination "event" I could register for. (This was my 4th notification. I saw the other ones too late to catch a spot.) I went through the steps, and the location came up as....not in a neighborhood near me, not even in my town (Santa Fe), but way over in Clovis! Why would they send me a notification about vaccinations going on in Clovis? Does anyone have a clue?

Now I'm wondering where the locations were, for the notifications I'd missed. Maybe they weren't in Santa Fe or anywhere nearby, either.

This isn't making sense to me. But in case anyone's wondering, there are openings in Clovis as of 12:40 today (Wed.), fwiw.
If you are over age 75 (and I don't get the impression that you are), i would guess that this might be the change where 75+ can go into the registration system without an event code and just look for available appointments, presumably appointments throughout the state. The article below also mentions senior center mass vaccination clinics in each of the 4 quadrants of the state each week. I would assume these are limited to seniors but include younger seniors too. Perhaps the NE event has extra openings and they are allowing seniors outside of that quadrant to participate? Again I am just guessing.

Ruth, I am so sorry that you are on your 4th notification. That truly sucks! I missed my 1st notification and was very upset but kept plugging in my event code all day and found a cancellation. On the other hand, I would have welcomed having the option of going to another part of the state in order to be vaccinated, similar to how Sungrins got his vaccine. Just would want 24 hours notice, not an appointment for this afternoon!

https://www.krqe.com/health/coronavi...-appointments/

Old 04-01-2021, 10:35 AM

16,070 posts, read 10,732,474 times
Clovis is a long way but I know people going farther. I have the time to go to Clovis. Others might not but by going the distance I'm not in front of some local person who can't spend the day on the road with a baby or some other issue. I went to Gallup, twice, and I'm done and out of the pipeline so others can go.

Old 04-01-2021, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ2015 View Post
If you are over age 75 (and I don't get the impression that you are), i would guess that this might be the change where 75+ can go into the registration system without an event code and just look for available appointments, presumably appointments throughout the state. The article below also mentions senior center mass vaccination clinics in each of the 4 quadrants of the state each week. I would assume these are limited to seniors but include younger seniors too. Perhaps the NE event has extra openings and they are allowing seniors outside of that quadrant to participate? Again I am just guessing.

Ruth, I am so sorry that you are on your 4th notification. That truly sucks! I missed my 1st notification and was very upset but kept plugging in my event code all day and found a cancellation. On the other hand, I would have welcomed having the option of going to another part of the state in order to be vaccinated, similar to how Sungrins got his vaccine. Just would want 24 hours notice, not an appointment for this afternoon!

https://www.krqe.com/health/coronavi...-appointments/
Thanks, no, they give me an event code (for Clovis, or wherever), and you're right, I'm nowhere near 75, but I have an auto-immune condition, so that may be why I got boosted in priority.

I had an interesting talk with the Pharmacy staff at Pharmaca yesterday. They said, they have their own list, though they also have to coordinate with the DOH list. But if I get on their list, they can get me in. It seems to be a sort of shortcut. And I don't have to go around town trying to scavenge cancelled appointments and leftover vaccine doses from other providers, like a friend advised me to do. (Sounds exhausting! Too stressful.)

It's interesting, because Pharmaca (my main ph'cy) has a completely different m.o. than my other pharmacy (Nambe Drugs). Nambe said, they can only go by the DOH procedure, and take the people the DOH assigns to them (via that event code system sent to the people on the DOH's list). So Pharmaca has worked out their own m.o. to exert some control over the system on behalf of their clients. I don't know what other pharmacies are doing.

Now that I know I can get in pretty promptly and hassle-free via my local pharmacy provider, I'm going to wait a bit to see if Johnson & Johnson is going to get their act together anytime soon, and send NM more vaxes. But I just got a report from a friend today, on the Pfizer vax. It says, effectiveness lasts over 6 months (and counting), and that it's 91% effective against South Africa Jive Covid. Good news. NM is currently distributing Moderna. I may wait until Pfizer comes up again in their supply.

Old 04-03-2021, 12:51 AM

282 posts, read 216,627 times
I registered for the vaccine last night (Thursday) and got a text notification this morning at about 7:15 am with the codes to schedule my appointment. They had Monday through Thursday next week available from 12:30 to 3:30 pm. I was able to pick the most convenient time for me and glad that I didn't experience any of the hassle and problems others have reported with the process or site. It said I will get either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. People in my family have received all three of the vaccines and thankfully every one has been a smooth vaccination. I'm hoping mine will be as well!

Old 04-03-2021, 10:22 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,013,307 times
Husband and I, in Santa Fe, both over 65 but healthy, were *this close* to driving to Alamosa, CO. Then I heard about the Pecos Valley Medical Clinic and got an appointment with them for 3/30. I canceled Alamosa.

It was a half hour drive. Everyone in the clinic was helpful and professional, we got Moderna. The best part about it was that the clinic people coordinated with the DoH site (The site is a great idea, but can be a bit wonky, perhaps it's overloaded.)

Things opened up a lot after 3/29, but we're just going to stick with low key Pecos for our second shot.

Old 05-02-2021, 10:19 AM

Well, I just got the J&J vax yesterday. I got notified a few days prior, that all 3 vaccines were being offered, and I could pick one. The J & J was being offered through the pharmacy in an Albertson's store.

It was very easy. No side-effect symptoms, not even a sore arm.

Old 05-02-2021, 04:47 PM

282 posts, read 216,627 times
I got my second dose of the vaccine on Thursday morning at The Pit. It was such an easy and smooth process there. They had it well-organized. The line was long because they had just opened when I got there, but went by like nothing. It wasn't even like waiting in line at all, it just kept moving. The observation area and process was great as well. We were always well separated at every step of the process. I was impressed by it all and very happy to get my second dose.

My first vaccine shot went smoothly as well. I got it at the Albertsons pharmacy on Juan Tabo. The process and environment there was okay and ran smooth and fairly quickly, but I wish they would've separated us a bit more from the store shoppers. They had seats set up for us right next to the produce bins and people were shopping and walking by all the time. Everything was a bit too close for comfort. It got me nervous, but everybody did have masks on and seemed to try not to get too close.

I ended up getting the Pfizer vaccine and I'm thankful that I never got any bad side effects from the first shot and so far now with the second one either. My arm was just a bit sore the first time and I had a slightly swollen and stiff area where I got the shot, sort of like a knot. It all went away by the next day. With the second shot I did get a much more sore and aching arm, especially on Thursday afternoon, but that has almost completely subsided by today. I just feel slightly sore now at the injection site.

I would encourage anyone to get vaccinated. I must admit I was someone who was a bit apprehensive about getting vaccinated and was even considering waiting it out until most were vaccinated, but I'm so glad I just went ahead and got it when I was able. The process now that the initial frenzy and long waits are over seems to be very convenient and much easier to deal with. My high school-age nieces and nephews are now even getting vaccinated. I think it's truly a blessing that we live in this state that's one of the leaders in getting its people vaccinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque