U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-08-2008, 09:29 PM

23,203 posts, read 16,756,637 times
Default In the Valley of Elah

I just saw the Tommy Lee movie "In the Valley of Elah". It was filmed in and around Albuquerque area. I noticed a scene where Tommy Lee is driving down Central ave and you can see the Frontier resturant in a pass by shot. There was also a lot of scenes in a hotel called the Imperial Inn. There was also a diner type place that I didn't recognize. If anybody saw the movie what was the diner that he was in. I only noticed because in So Cal they film tons of movies and it gets to be a habit to notice land marks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 10:53 PM

706 posts, read 1,719,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I just saw the Tommy Lee movie "In the Valley of Elah". It was filmed in and around Albuquerque area. I noticed a scene where Tommy Lee is driving down Central ave and you can see the Frontier resturant in a pass by shot. There was also a lot of scenes in a hotel called the Imperial Inn. There was also a diner type place that I didn't recognize. If anybody saw the movie what was the diner that he was in. I only noticed because in So Cal they film tons of movies and it gets to be a habit to notice land marks.
That's just one of several recent movies that have been shot in Albuquerque & New Mexico. also a few television series have been shot in Albuquerque. With the new Movie studio that was built recently, several new movies are in production....like T4 and a movie called The Game, which transformed Downtown Albuquerque into a futuristic city.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:33 PM

1,269 posts, read 2,091,747 times
The restaurant is called Milton's and is located on Central, just west of I-25.

The motel where Tommy Lee Jones stayed is next door to Milton's.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:31 PM

286 posts, read 316,033 times

Well,I watched Inn the Valley of Elah,just now, on Comcast Cable and for the fifth time....maybe more.....but I cannot
describe how I felt at all again.....speechless.......sad.......unsure.
Tommie Lee Jones' performance? He must be watched and listened to...closely..........Red Devil Fox.......that he is...not I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque