Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2021, 03:35 PM

511 posts, read 625,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ2015 View Post
I am a city girl in Albuquerque but got a kick out of your post. My hairdresser has lived in Cedar Crest for 10 years and made the comment to me last week that it was getting real crowded up there. But I know what you mean about being able to breathe. Everytime I drive I-25 from Denver, I feel a sense of relief when I cross the state line. Less traffic and excessively large luxury SUVs and trucks, modest homes, and a simpler way of life.
I totally know what you mean. Traveling from and back to our home in the PNW, we had to go through Bellevue and the Seattle Eastside communities (very affluent area - Microsoft and such) on I-90. All the roads to NM were through much smaller cities and the only two "big" cities were Boise, ID and Salt Lake City, which are easy to get through compared to Seattle's Puget Sound metro area. I laughed...you've got the luxury SUVs - for us it's the Teslas!

We loved the roads and it's just as you describe as you leave behind the craziness of the big cities, room to breathe, to relax. I understand your hairdresser as one of the reasons we want to move your way is because our little rural community is losing its charm due to so many moving north. We've been "discovered," no longer some Seattle outpost, unfortunately. This is probably how your hairdresser feels. Ah, burgeoning population affects us all, everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2021, 04:49 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,495,584 times
Algiz - do you guys own a Tesla? Which model, if so? I hear they connect you up pretty much flawlessly to the next charging center per your instructions as to destination. Ford's Mach E not so much, though Ford is catching up fast due to the fact that they're actually working directly with Tesla. How do you like that, companies in competition working directly with each other to solve problems?

Novel idea, huh?

Old 07-30-2021, 06:42 PM

511 posts, read 625,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Algiz - do you guys own a Tesla? Which model, if so? I hear they connect you up pretty much flawlessly to the next charging center per your instructions as to destination. Ford's Mach E not so much, though Ford is catching up fast due to the fact that they're actually working directly with Tesla. How do you like that, companies in competition working directly with each other to solve problems?

Novel idea, huh?
Nah, Elko, we don't have a Tesla. We're just starting to see A LOT of them on the road in these parts. It's so weird for me to see them in the Country Store parking lot where you buy hay and chicken feed and refill your propane tanks. These part sure are a-changin'!

That sure is cool to hear how the car companies are working together. Integrity is still alive!

Old 09-25-2021, 08:04 PM

25 posts, read 64,142 times
First time I've visited this site in years, but a certain part of New Mexico is still on my mind.

Loved running across your post. Resonates with me in many respects. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque