U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 04:38 PM

8,248 posts, read 11,570,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
.Yeah, where is that Harry to rejoice over ABQ's Phoenix-like day (of course, Phoenix is in that 110 range, so I don't mean Phoenix-like-today! ). Oh, I guess he is probably outside standing in a parking lot / on blacktop / soaking up that sun to all its fullest!!

Yep, it looks like in ABQ and El Paso (and thus I am assuming Alamo) a massive cooldown will be rolling through after one sort of hot day left tomorrow.

I saw on the news this AM that Phoenix was 110-ish yesterday and today and by Thursday will be in the 70s. Thus, that air will make its way east too to provide a cooldown for you lucky sons of guns that get to be living there right now!!
Massive cooldown? Oh I wish....Weather.com for Alamo starting Wednesday (we have not hit the projected high of 100 yet here today, but we are on our way. It just got to 97 (dayum, I hate this).....I lust after 70 and below temperatures, but we are not likely to see those again anytime soon:

93/62 80/52 80/51 84/53 89/60 90/58 91/61

We obviously have very different ideas of what "sort of hot" means, LOL!!!! I am going to enjoy the two 80 degree days, though....

Boy, I hope this is not the norm. If it is, I am not staying southern New Mexico once I don't have to drive back to TX.....!!!!!!

Having to live in Phoenix's climate would be like living in hell, or next door to it.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
I'm loving it !!!!!! I went to the park yesturday at lunch and got a good tan on my arms although they are burning today...lol.....I'll head there tomorrow again .
LOL!!! Enjoy it, Harry.

Of course you know I think it just really sucks to get this hot this early.....

I hereby bequeath to you and EnjoyEP at least 15 degrees every day to warm you up!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
You people are just... sick!

Or you have functioning air-conditioning and appreciation of the heat is just an intellectual exercise. ;-)

ABQConvict
I think so too.....LOL!!! Makes me glad I have refrigerated air....

Old 05-20-2008, 04:57 PM

1,444 posts, read 2,955,455 times
Well my swamp cooler is broken (needs a new motor) so I will be enduring a hot one tonight. Oh well...this is what makes us New Mexicans tough!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 05:00 PM

295 posts, read 707,338 times
I'm loving these temps!! It is soooo nice to enjoy 93 degrees when there is only 9% humidity. I keep on going outside to soak up the sunshine.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:35 PM
_yb

1,135 posts, read 3,328,798 times
My threm say 88 currently. It sure is nice. I prepped my swamp cooler yesterday. It is currently blowing cool air.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:43 PM

12,990 posts, read 23,583,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
LOL!!! Enjoy it, Harry.

Of course you know I think it just really sucks to get this hot this early.....

I hereby bequeath to you and EnjoyEP at least 15 degrees every day to warm you up!!!
Yeap seeing the temps drop over the next few days has me drpressed .....

Old 05-20-2008, 08:48 PM

420 posts, read 937,386 times
Oh puh-leeze... We LOVED heat down there! We got back to Seattle today to gray skies and a balmy 56 degrees. We are shivering in our Tevas & shorts we wore home from wonderfully warm & sunny Albuquerque!!!

Soon as I find our camera cable I'll post some pics from our trip... We loved it, had a fabulous time! Awesome food (so much for the weight we lost before we went - we found every pound!!), even better weather! Heavenly.

Let's see, just need the house to sell here and find a couple of jobs down there and we'll be set. Anyone need a mechanical engineer and/or a project manager/technical trainer?!?!?

Old 05-20-2008, 08:51 PM

420 posts, read 937,386 times
Hey EP - Question for you re your favorite topic, weather in Alb.

Does the rain/storms come from the West or the East? We assume the east since the Eastside gets more moisture... but maybe it comes from the west, collects over the mountains and then lets go on the east?

See for us, the western side of the mountains (Cascades) are wetter than the eastside... WAAAYYY wetter.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:12 PM

1,444 posts, read 2,955,455 times
Storms almost always move West to East. They usually accumulate in the Pacific and make their way over us. We hardly ever get moisture from the gulf, but it does happen occassionally. The mountains get more moisture simply because of altitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque