Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2022, 10:18 AM

104 posts, read 106,757 times

Advertisements

Apparently, finding Jumbo Eggs are elusive in the Albuquerque Area. I have been to the Smiths on Yale and Lousiana Blvd. I have been to the SuperWalmart on San Mateo. I even went to Albertsons. No such luck in the stores I visited. Coming from the Midwest, jumbo eggs are stocked and are as common as a carton of milk. Might as well throw in Target as I had been there too. What gives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 12:34 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,029,867 times
Go to the Walmart on Academy/Wyoming.

Old 09-20-2022, 01:07 PM

282 posts, read 217,166 times
My mom has been trying to find jumbo eggs for years now. We used to buy them but they do seem to have disappeared in Albuquerque. However, I remember reading a thread recently in either the food or shopping forums on this site where someone who lived elsewhere in the country asked what happened to jumbo eggs. So it may not be just Albuquerque where they've disappeared.

I decided to search on Instacart for jumbo eggs for delivery to the 87102 zip code in Albuquerque (I live Downtown) and I found a few stores that are showing that they carry them, including Albertsons. When I order through Instacart to 87102 they usually shop the Albertsons location at Rio Bravo and Isleta. The other two stores that are showing that they carry them are Lowe's and Natural Grocers. There's a Lowe's downtown at 12th and Lomas. I've never ordered from Natural Grocers before on Instacart but there's one on Wyoming and Montgomery in the Heights, and a new one on Highway 528 in Rio Rancho.

Albertsons

https://www.instacart.com/store/albe...roduct_id=6998

Lowe's

https://www.instacart.com/store/lowe...ct_id=16656607

Natural Grocers

https://www.instacart.com/store/natu...oduct_id=54091

A word of caution that they may not actually be carried in the store even though they are showing up on a search. If you don't want to try your luck I would call ahead and ask each store whether they do indeed carry jumbo eggs and if they are in stock.

Old 09-20-2022, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albuquerque 101 View Post
My mom has been trying to find jumbo eggs for years now. We used to buy them but they do seem to have disappeared in Albuquerque. However, I remember reading a thread recently in either the food or shopping forums on this site where someone who lived elsewhere in the country asked what happened to jumbo eggs. So it may not be just Albuquerque where they've disappeared.

I decided to search on Instacart for jumbo eggs for delivery to the 87102 zip code in Albuquerque (I live Downtown) and I found a few stores that are showing that they carry them, including Albertsons. When I order through Instacart to 87102 they usually shop the Albertsons location at Rio Bravo and Isleta. The other two stores that are showing that they carry them are Lowe's and Natural Grocers. There's a Lowe's downtown at 12th and Lomas. I've never ordered from Natural Grocers before on Instacart but there's one on Wyoming and Montgomery in the Heights, and a new one on Highway 528 in Rio Rancho.

Albertsons

https://www.instacart.com/store/albe...roduct_id=6998

Lowe's

https://www.instacart.com/store/lowe...ct_id=16656607

Natural Grocers

https://www.instacart.com/store/natu...oduct_id=54091

A word of caution that they may not actually be carried in the store even though they are showing up on a search. If you don't want to try your luck I would call ahead and ask each store whether they do indeed carry jumbo eggs and if they are in stock.
Thank you for direction and will try your sources in the real near future.

Old 09-21-2022, 01:50 PM

Yes, indeed Albertsons sells Jumbo Eggs (Lucerne) as I picked up a carton this early afternoon on Rio Bravo Blvd. Bit of a drive for eggs but it was worth it, nice store with all the departments. So, on occasion I may run there to pick up a couple of cartons of Jumbo Eggs and do my regular shopping and make it worth my trip.

Thanks for the help.

Old 09-21-2022, 03:34 PM

282 posts, read 217,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerDavidJohn View Post
Yes, indeed Albertsons sells Jumbo Eggs (Lucerne) as I picked up a carton this early afternoon on Rio Bravo Blvd. Bit of a drive for eggs but it was worth it, nice store with all the departments. So, on occasion I may run there to pick up a couple of cartons of Jumbo Eggs and do my regular shopping and make it worth my trip.

Thanks for the help.
That's great to hear!

I'm gonna let my mom know as well. We used to shop a lot at the Albertsons at Coors and Central until they closed it a few years ago. Very rarely do we go to that one on Isleta and Rio Bravo. I'm also gonna tell her to try the Lowe's at 12th and Lomas. She shops at that store all the time, so I don't know why she hasn't seen the jumbo eggs there.

As an aside, I don't know why Albertsons has mostly abandoned the south side of the city (south of I-40). When I lived up there in the Southeast Heights I always wished they'd put a store on San Mateo and Kathryn or San Mateo and Zuni. When I first moved up there the John Brooks grocery store was still open in the shopping center across San Mateo from Walmart. I liked shopping there and only got to enjoy it for a little over a year until they closed. Part of it is now the Auto Zone superstore. But for the rest of the time I lived up there I always yearned for something other than Walmart nearby, especially something like Albertsons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque