Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 01:27 AM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
$40 bucks? That is how much it costs to get a town-car (nicer than a cab, not as nice as a limo) to JFK from the suburbs, about 12 miles.

Albuquerque can be screwy about certain things.

Also, Girard is a nice alternative for walking to/fro the airport.
The 45 buck figure i quoted was told to me by a friend's uncle who often comes to ABQ since his company is based here. When I took him to the Sunport, he thanked me and said it's usually a 45 dollar cab ride... Hopefully that's roundtrip, if not, I don't think I'd ever want to hire a cab here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 11:15 PM

152 posts, read 319,471 times
If he lives somewhere in the outskirts of the city, the $45 cost is probably one way, since a one way cab ride from where I live to the Sunport (about 11-12 miles) is usually somewhere in the range of $40 to $45.

The Walk Score for my address is a 65, which I think is somewhat accurate, but I'm not sure it's entirely accurate. I find it very easy to walk in my neighborhood, and I do walk a lot in my neighborhood. There are lots of wide sidewalks in the area, a fairly good amount of public transportation, and lots of shopping centers with designated pedestrian pathways through the parking lot. In addition, there's also a pedestrian/bicycle trail that is very wide on both sides of Tramway from Montgomery to Academy, plus a trail on the east side of Tramway which runs from I-40 to Tramway Rd. (the street you turn on to get to the Sandia Peak Tram), which is about 8-9 miles.

Last edited by Brendan M; 01-08-2011 at 11:24 PM..

Old 01-08-2011, 11:38 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,458 times
Well, from Journal Center to the Sunport is ~11.5 miles via I-25. So, maybe it really was $45... So maybe that's a good figure.. Crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque