U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 12:50 AM

747 posts, read 1,188,137 times

Advertisements

I bought my son a new Scion at American Toyota in 2005. The experience was positive. However, I decided to buy my wife and I a new Prius 3 months ago. I did my homework, went to American, and made an offer. They turned me down, and told me the Prius was too hot to get the price I was looking for. I drove straight over to Karl Malone and made the very same offer. They accepted it and I bought the new car on the spot. The salesman at Karl Malone was very professional and helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 12:29 AM

541 posts, read 1,209,009 times
I just wanted to report that my trip to Karl Malone Toyota was a good one, and I don't have any complaints! =) Thanks for the recommendation!

Old 10-04-2008, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,392 times
I purchased my first Prius at Karl Malone in March and was happy with my experience. I have since taken it there for service and have used their shuttle service and I have found them to be only professional and courteous. When I recently purchased my second Prius, same model, from American, because they happened to have one available and KM didn't, I was very surprised when at signing I was told that they added a package on to the car that wouldn't appear on the sticker sheet. It included tinted windows, a mylar bra for the front, pin striping and side moldings. I asked what if I didn't want all of those options. They said that they would find someone else to buy the car. The pkg was an extra $1895.00 and I understood they were going to just use this to make more money. I bought the car and took it back the next day and had the everything removed. They asked me if there was a problem I said, no, but if I had requested them I would have kept them, I had no choice. They hadn't been able to put on the side molding because they didn't have the part. They were willing to refund the cost for that part. They asked what would have made this a better experience and I told them if I would have had a choice to buy all or part of the pkg. I called KM and they told me where they get take their cars to get side molding added and I called them and it will be added on for half the cost of my refund. I will continue to have my cars serviced at KM for as long a I own them. Buyer beware.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:47 PM

3,695 posts, read 6,478,620 times
Did you replace your Prius on account of the battery system? I ask because my wife and I are looking into purchasing a hybrid and would like to know the experiences of owners. You must have liked it since you purchased a second, right?

Old 10-04-2008, 03:19 PM

4,090 posts, read 3,193,426 times
I bought my Tundra at Karl Malone without even checking American, simply because KM was on the way home from work. It is a convenient location for me. This was two years ago, and the buying process was very easy. The trucks were all marked with special pricing, so I did not have to haggle too much. I have not heard good or bad about either. Most people just like their Toyota.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:06 PM

384 posts, read 785,816 times
FWIW, lots of people have complained about Larry Miller in Arizona, Utah and Colorado. Larry Miller group owns American Toyota. Here is a link:

Ripoff Report Search Results: Larry Miller (http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchresults.asp?q1=ALL&q5=Larry+Miller&submit2=S earch!&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0 - broken link)

The common complaint theme revolves around financing and credit issues. Anybody looking for a car should read these complaints and learn how to protect themselves if you choose to shop at his dealerships.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:18 PM

Update:

In fairness to American Toyota, I searched the same database for complaints against other Abq Dealers:

Dealer Complaints

Larry Miller Group: numerous -- see link above (all states)
Bob Turner: 1
Rich Ford : 0
Chalmers: 0
Beaver: 1 (Highline Motor Group)
Casa Chevy 1
Garcia Honda: 1
Southwest Hyundai 2 (owned by Larry Miller)
Quality Pontiac 1 (Issue with Lemon and GM, not the dealer)
Lexus Abq 0
Zangara 1

Note that LHM is a multi-state operator owning interest in many different auto lines. The sheer size of his operation may account for the large number of complaints.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:26 PM

Default Payment Template

I created the attached file in Excel. It is currently zipped. Download and read before shopping. This works for any dealer, anywhere in the U.S. Know your numbers before you shop. Don't be a victim. Larry Miller is not the only dealer who will take advantage of you. I think they will all try if given the chance.

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.

Last edited by trappedinNM; 10-05-2008 at 09:59 PM..

Old 10-05-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappedinNM View Post
I created the attached file in Excel. It is currently zipped. Download and read before shopping. This works for any dealer, anywhere in the U.S. Know your numbers before you shop. Don't be a victim. Larry Miller is not the only dealer who will take advantage of you. I think they will all try if given the chance.

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.
Sorry, I deleted the attachment in error.
Attached Files
File Type: zip car_payments.zip (14.0 KB, 27 views)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque