U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 09:18 PM

3,697 posts, read 6,090,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
High_Plains_Retired claimed:

> Originally Posted by mike0421
> > I guess I am in the minority on this thread, in fact, the extreme minority. ...

> You may be in a minority but certainly not alone. ... excuses are made for indecency and morality is held in disdain.

The disagreement is when someone believes that they have the right to dispense the punishment, not whether it's OK to do the stuff mentioned.

Lynch mobs are bad.

Mohammed Atta, piloting United Flight 11 on 09/11/01 also thought it was OK to dispense justice on his own terms as he was screaming out "Allāhu Akbar" in those last few moments.
Wow... I totally wasn't expecting a 9/11 reference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 03:50 AM

12,965 posts, read 23,066,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
Smithey wondered with 6/3:

> Is his ponytail blonde. and he wears little skimpy jean shorts?
> and he actually has a pretty good, if not thin, build?

The picture link is on the the top post of Page 2 of this thread.
That's him !! He stands in front of the camera with a little piece of crumpled paper and rants against society being modern etc...Says no one should take a bath/shower to save the Aquifer. Sounds like the Unibomber without the bombs .

Old 07-31-2008, 09:54 AM

5,554 posts, read 8,849,891 times
rybert exclaimed:

> Wow... I totally wasn't expecting a 9/11 reference.

I was just looking to post an example of the absurdity of people dispensing their own justice just for being "offended." Resorting to examples of Sharia law *was* pretty extreme. Sorry.

I suppose a better example would be when members of ELF (Earth Liberation Front) get all "offended" by people who drive an SUV.

For them, it's perfectly OK to smash your windows and slash your tires and set them on fire because they are offensive.

Flash your privates - offensive. Flash your 6,000 lb vehicle - offensive.
Make up your own punishment and dispense it. Perfectly OK.

Sorry, *that* offends *me*. However, I'm not going to give you a beatdown unless you personally attack me physically.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:57 AM

6/3 related:

> Sounds like the Unibomber without the bombs

I guess you haven't stood down wind of Mr Shrader then?

Old 07-31-2008, 10:08 AM

LOL ELF. Those people are nuts.

Even though Hummers do suck. Well... not the H1, but the H2, H3...

Old 07-31-2008, 02:59 PM

6,100 posts, read 6,267,715 times
People must lay off Don Schrader. He really is a decent person despite his... eccentricities. I may disagree with some of the things he does in private but this guy doesn't just talk the talk, he walks the walk. He is probably the least hypocritical person in this city.

I just avoid looking at his... package and, like mortimer advises, stay upwind. He claims to eat 3 heads of raw garlic a day, thus he smells like a bologne that has been sitting out in the sun.

Overall, a harmless person.

ABQConvict

Old 07-31-2008, 03:40 PM

ABQConvict recommended:

> People must lay off Don Schrader. ...

Just to be clear for those not familiar with the Naked Guy - he's not a homeless vagrant. He lives near the University and since he lives on almost nothing, he has a lot of free time to wander around like the vagrants.

He just wanders with a purpose.

> I may disagree with some of the things he does in private ...

As long as he doesn't bother me I don't care what he does in private.

That's why I don't believe in drug criminalization.
I don't care if my neighbors snort coke or shoot heroin in their living room.

I *do* care if they manufacture meth since they will stink up the place and their house could blow up.
They can use it all they want.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:47 PM

12,965 posts, read 23,066,173 times
Something else funny is when i've seen him address the ABQ city council (channel 16) and the camera switches to councilor Debbie O Malley and seeing the snear look on her face is just too funny .

Old 07-31-2008, 03:52 PM

5,080 posts, read 2,714,531 times
I want to thank you all for this thread.. you gave me a reason to be glad I live in El Paso... and not ABQ.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:54 PM

ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque