U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-04-2008, 10:24 AM

23 posts, read 69,756 times
Exclamation Our babies need a new home QUICK!

Hi all,

Our family just took a job in Washington State and unfortunately it doesn't look like we will be able to bring our pets. WE HAVE TO RELOCATE BY AUGUST 20TH!

We have 3 wonderful pets (our babies) that need good homes QUICK. They are:

1. 3 year old female sweet-natured, predominantly mellow, semi-independent dog. Pitbull-Sharpe mix. GREAT with people, adjusts okay to animals. Best with women. Great guard dog for a single woman! Also good indoors. Takes direction well. Worst attributes: She can be a digger and bark if other animals tease her or strange noises occur.

2. 2 year old female Chocolate lab- pitbull mix. Still energetic due to her age and the lab in her. EXTREMELY people friendly and energetic. Anyone who meets her falls in love with her. Worst attributes: She has the tendency to jump the fence to visit with people if the fence is low enough. She jumps on people when she first greets them, though she mellows out fairly well after a few minutes. She can also be a licker. In other words, her best attribute (being a people-lover) can also be her worst. hehe

3. 4? year old female black cat. We had found her de-clawed. Affectionate and can be pretty skiddish. SWEET and VERY loyal. Worst attributes: Can be a little neurotic. hehe Likes to drink faucet water the best, has some stomach issues at times. When stressed, she has piddled on floor before. But overall, we love her so much we haven't found good enough reason to get rid of the little gal... until now.

We would like to keep the dogs together if possible. PLEASE don't be put off that they have pit in them. That side, I promise, does NOT play a role in their personalities or demeanor.

Well, there are our babies in a nutshell. Please let us know if you are interested in meeting them and providing a loving home within the next couple weeks. Or, if you know of a good way to find a good home for them, please let us know. It's crunch time. Thank you for your consideration!

Old 08-04-2008, 10:27 AM

4,323 posts, read 1,314,175 times
Craigslist.com or petfinder.com can help with finding a home for your animals. Good luck!

Old 08-04-2008, 11:05 AM

14,816 posts, read 17,244,393 times
I wouldn't take any stupid job that did not allow me to bring my pets (what is the deal with that anyway?)

What if you had kids, would you rehome them too? It's the same thing.

Shame on you.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-04-2008, 12:21 PM

3,695 posts, read 6,314,421 times
wow. Branson... you're a bit mean.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:11 PM

23 posts, read 69,756 times
Right... I'll just try and ignore that completely hurtful, hateful, ignorant remark aside from saying this: I certainly can say that no, I have no shame in wanting to give my wonderful pets a good home when we will no longer be able to provide one due to making a truly personal decision for our family. Having to even consider finding them a new home is hard enough and you do not know us or our circumstances. And as a matter of fact, I am a mother of a beautiful baby boy and yes, we would do anything, ANYTHING we feel is best for him as his parents. So take it easy, if you disagree with something that does not concern you, leave it alone- it's best for everyone involved and it's the mature thing to do.

As for the first reply I received, thank you for the information. I really appreciate it.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:14 AM

1,756 posts, read 2,390,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I wouldn't take any stupid job that did not allow me to bring my pets (what is the deal with that anyway?)

What if you had kids, would you rehome them too? It's the same thing.

Shame on you.

20yrsinBranson
Wow, how utterly childish.

I have to move for my health and cannot take all my horses and all my dogs as well. Sometimes adults do what's best for the family, whether that means rehoming some animals, selling them.. .what have you.
Better for an animal to be given a good loving home WHEREVER it may be than to be shlepped cross country where they may not be able to recieve the same level of care/attention as before.

Kudos to the OP for trying to rehome her fur kids as opposed to dumping them at the shelter.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:07 AM

116 posts, read 284,638 times
just curious...why cant you take your pets?

Old 08-05-2008, 10:32 AM

3,058 posts, read 8,026,042 times
OK folks, sorry I didn't catch this one earlier. If only my mod eyes had but 30 pair!

Although I don't think you meant to break forum Terms of Service or meant any harm Lito, this is a fairly strict forum in terms of what is allowed for even "free - please take" advertising and we have some specific Terms of Service that we need to adhere to. By the definition of the Terms of Services, this advertising is indeed advertising, even if it is being promoted as a "free" service.

Thus, I need to have the thread / discussion discontinue.

Generally I would have to delete a thread like this. I will not do that here though to try to be fair to Lito. I will simply lock the thread and not allow any further posting to it. However, your information has been presented and folks wanting to look at it and contact you still will be able to do so.

We just need to cease on further discussion on this now, as even though this may be a free service, if we had folks offering free services left and right on this forum and they were allowed to say, they would clutter the forum, rabidly open the forum to spammers and gimmicks, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque